News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-235/I-44 INTERCHANGE Opens

Started by US71, March 14, 2022, 04:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Scott5114

One less cloverleaf in the world. Mostly.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Rothman

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 14, 2022, 05:18:29 PM
They mostly come out at night.  Mostly.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Quote from: Rothman on March 14, 2022, 05:22:27 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on March 14, 2022, 05:18:29 PM
They mostly come out at night.  Mostly.

what the hell sort of eldritch technology does NYSDOT possess
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Bobby5280

Quote from: US71Oklahoma transportation officials recently celebrated the opening of the I-235/I-44 interchange in Oklahoma City after three years of highway construction.

Three years? They've been working on this thing on and off for over 10 years.

Quote from: Scott5114One less cloverleaf in the world. Mostly.

Now it's two fly-over ramps accented with a pair of Mikey Mouse ears.

Cerlin

Got to drive on this interchange a lot over the past few days. Flyover ramps are smooth. Merging works well. I like it!
Hypocritical Leftist who loves driving/highways and all modes of transportation.

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: Bobby5280 on March 14, 2022, 11:24:07 PM
Quote from: US71Oklahoma transportation officials recently celebrated the opening of the I-235/I-44 interchange in Oklahoma City after three years of highway construction.

Three years? They've been working on this thing on and off for over 10 years.
Technically it still isn't done lol there's another phase, albeit much smaller and less disruptive, planned for 2023.

Bobby5280

Eventually they're going to need to get rid of at least one of those Mickey Mouse ears cloverleaf loops (replacing it with another fly-over ramp). Weaving issues are going to be a bitch there.

rte66man

Quote from: Bobby5280 on March 16, 2022, 04:55:02 PM
Eventually they're going to need to get rid of at least one of those Mickey Mouse ears cloverleaf loops (replacing it with another fly-over ramp). Weaving issues are going to be a bitch there.

Not so bad as they could be as the weaves are on the C/D and not the main lanes.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.