News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-49 Coming to Missouri

Started by US71, August 04, 2010, 06:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChimpOnTheWheel

Any updates on I-49's progress between Pineville and the Arkansas line? Heading that way in the end of October, really would be nice to catch the new highway.
Just a casual.

MikieTimT

I popped up US-71 up to I-49 last week after doing some work in Bella Vista.  Still no flyover for the northbound carriageway or dirt, but blasting looks to be completed.  Still a dead end for the southbound carriageway as roadbed not done there either.  Seems to be much further behind on progress compared to Arkansas, but would need to take a trip down MO-90 to get a better view of the midsection as that's the only other place to actually see construction at all.

US71

Quote from: MikieTimT on June 17, 2021, 12:27:09 AM
I popped up US-71 up to I-49 last week after doing some work in Bella Vista.  Still no flyover for the northbound carriageway or dirt, but blasting looks to be completed.  Still a dead end for the southbound carriageway as roadbed not done there either.  Seems to be much further behind on progress compared to Arkansas, but would need to take a trip down MO-90 to get a better view of the midsection as that's the only other place to actually see construction at all.

There's a flyover under construction for NB 49 over SB 71 near Pineville. 
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

ChimpOnTheWheel

https://www.fourstateshomepage.com/news/construction-of-the-i-49-bella-vista-bypass-could-potentially-help-the-area-grow-in-the-future/

Update to Construction

As I am hoping to use I-49 from Joplin down to Bentonville (without the Bella Vista gap) by the end of October, I sometimes check the news on the Bella Vista Bypass (future I-49).

MoDOT has began paving the lanes where I-49 will split from US-71 in Pineville, as seen by the frames in the video attached to the site I linked above.
Just a casual.

US71

Quote from: ChimpOnTheWheel on June 29, 2021, 04:15:35 PM
https://www.fourstateshomepage.com/news/construction-of-the-i-49-bella-vista-bypass-could-potentially-help-the-area-grow-in-the-future/

Update to Construction

As I am hoping to use I-49 from Joplin down to Bentonville (without the Bella Vista gap) by the end of October, I sometimes check the news on the Bella Vista Bypass (future I-49).

MoDOT has began paving the lanes where I-49 will split from US-71 in Pineville, as seen by the frames in the video attached to the site I linked above.

49 SHOULD be open  by the end of October. Ribbon Cutting will be mid-late September with it officially opening a couple weeks later.

Road Hog

I agree that the closeness of Southeast Kansas to NWA is overlooked, mainly because of the existing presence of a close and relatively large community like Joplin. But the knock-on effects of growth that far out seem to me minuscule. Just look at McDonald County which is literally next door.

msunat97

Any news or updates on the progress of the new roadway or 71/I-49 interchange?

US71

Quote from: msunat97 on July 12, 2021, 08:19:35 AM
Any news or updates on the progress of the new roadway or 71/I-49 interchange?

As of 2 weeks ago, MoDOT has begun paving their section.  They are also finishing a flyover near Pineville.

Avalanchez71

Upon completion of this mega pork project US 71 should be routed to AR 72 via Hiwasse to AR 59 to MO 59 back to I-49 in Neosheo.

US71

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on July 12, 2021, 02:50:51 PM
Upon completion of this mega pork project US 71 should be routed to AR 72 via Hiwasse to AR 59 to MO 59 back to I-49 in Neosheo.

You mean revert 71 to its original alignment? Why?

MikieTimT

Quote from: US71 on July 12, 2021, 03:01:01 PM

This is just trolling and should be ignored.  Someone can't be bothered to check AADT numbers or even the very convenient idrivearkansas.com live cameras to see how much I-49 traffic runs through the BVB intersection currently under construction.

Avalanchez71

To give US 71 legitimacy as alternate through route in case of emergency for one.

Scott5114

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on July 12, 2021, 10:59:18 PM

To give US 71 legitimacy as alternate through route in case of emergency for one.

Sounds like a waste of tax payer money to me.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US71

MoDOT / ARDOT can sign it as an Emergency Detour without messing with 71,

MikieTimT

Drove MO-90 yesterday evening after work to check on the progress midsection on the Missouri side.  Looks like they've pushed the treeline back from US-71 all the way to Noel and have pre-placed laid-down construction signs indicating uneven lanes, so apparently Missouri is also going to widen and resurface MO-90 west of US-71 to Noel as well.  Stopped on the I-49 overpass and closed entrance ramp to take some snapshots of the progress there.  Should have pictures edited to post by the weekend.

Short summary, no pavement yet of the ramps or mainline of the midsection in Missouri, but do have the roadbed prepared and are putting rebar down for the concrete pour.

The Ghostbuster

Someone should run a Google Car along MO 90, since the Street View image along that segment hasn't been updated since May 2009.

MikieTimT

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on July 22, 2021, 03:33:40 PM
Someone should run a Google Car along MO 90, since the Street View image along that segment hasn't been updated since May 2009.

If you're hunting where I-49 crosses it, the metadata on my pictures says 36.530, -94.386.

US71

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on July 22, 2021, 03:33:40 PM

Have you checked Fakebook? ;)

MikieTimT

Here are some Bella Vista Bypass pics as of 2 days ago when I drove MO-90 to check out the new overpass for the first time.  That road's always fun in my car anyway.  They are about to resurface and possibly widen MO-90 from the looks of the treelines in the right-of-way being cut back from US-71 all to the way to Noel, as well as the pre-positioned "Uneven Lanes" construction signs throughout the segment.

BVB in MO north of new MO-90 overpass.  Apparently they have poured concrete for one of the lanes and are preparing rebar for the rest.  It was late evening and apparently my camera picks things up better than my eyes did.

BVB north exit ramp onto MO-90.

BVB south entrance ramp from MO-90.

MikieTimT

Also uploaded some pics of the south end in Arkansas.  They appear to be almost ready to shift northbound traffic in the open Arkansas segment to the right northbound carriageway, likely as they haven't finished the cable barrier yet.

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=3324.msg2640528#msg2640528

ChimpOnTheWheel

Quote from: MikieTimT on July 23, 2021, 07:52:53 AM
Here are some Bella Vista Bypass pics as of 2 days ago when I drove MO-90 to check out the new overpass for the first time.  That road's always fun in my car anyway.  They are about to resurface and possibly widen MO-90 from the looks of the treelines in the right-of-way being cut back from US-71 all to the way to Noel, as well as the pre-positioned "Uneven Lanes" construction signs throughout the segment.

BVB in MO north of new MO-90 overpass.  Apparently they have poured concrete for one of the lanes and are preparing rebar for the rest.  It was late evening and apparently my camera picks things up better than my eyes did.

BVB north exit ramp onto MO-90.

BVB south entrance ramp from MO-90.

Nice! Can't wait to see the new I-49 myself.
Just a casual.

GreenLanternCorps

mvak36

From a few days ago: https://www.fourstateshomepage.com/news/modot-to-connect-the-current-i-49-roadway-to-the-new-section-of-roadway/

QuoteMCDONALD COUNTY – There's some roadwork that will affect your commute if you live or work in McDonald County.

Starting Monday, MoDOT will be working to connect the current I-49 roadway to the new section of roadway.

The construction will take place Monday-Thursday around the clock at the Missouri Route 90 bridge over I-49 west of Jane.

Construction will also take place at the same time on I-49 between McDonald County Route H and Wolf Den Road near Pineville.

Traffic delays are expected so finding an alternate route is recommended.

More info: https://www.modot.org/node/23771
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

Road Hog

I'm still amazed at how rural McDonald County still is, being so close to a metro area of half a million people. The fact that it's so rural in itself should be an attraction. Is the cost of living just higher in Missouri?

US71

Quote from: Road Hog on August 24, 2021, 07:15:09 PM
I'm still amazed at how rural McDonald County still is, being so close to a metro area of half a million people. The fact that it's so rural in itself should be an attraction. Is the cost of living just higher in Missouri?

But they have a Walmart ;)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.