News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Cincinnati/NKY Meet

Started by JMoses24, June 13, 2013, 03:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which date works best for a Cincinnati meet?

October 5
1 (16.7%)
October 12
2 (33.3%)
October 19
1 (16.7%)
October 26
2 (33.3%)
Sometime in November
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Brandon

Quote from: hbelkins on October 11, 2013, 08:59:45 AM
Apparently there are a few people -- including some who I actually thought were my friends -- that are awaiting some sort of meltdown from me on Saturday. Not sure why, since I didn't melt down at Ashland (and I didn't pass gas at Ashland either; not sure whose dope-induced delusion that is).

Don't know why you'd meltdown.  It's only supposed to be in the mid-70s or so in Cincy on Saturday.  :)

Now, if it were near 100, I'd be melting down very physically.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

NE2

Meltdown? More like vaporup.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

JMoses24

Apparently there are a few people -- including some who I actually thought were my friends -- that are awaiting some sort of meltdown from me on Saturday. Not sure why, since I didn't melt down at Ashland (and I didn't pass gas at Ashland either; not sure whose dope-induced delusion that is).

Yeah, no. If anyone's going to have a nervous breakdown, it'll be me. (Kidding.)

Alps

Apparently you can't take a joke ;) (We actually don't know who bunked at Ashland, but we know it happened.)

bandit957

Quote from: Steve on October 11, 2013, 06:08:17 PM
Apparently you can't take a joke ;) (We actually don't know who bunked at Ashland, but we know it happened.)

All I know is that it was hilarious.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

hbelkins

Where did it happen? I missed it, aurally and nasally.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bandit957

The SBD bunker blast took place while we were on the steps over that tunnel in Ironton.

No suspects have been indicted for this hilarious air biscuit.

NE2

Those are the deadliest ones.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

hbelkins

No wonder I didn't know. My knees told me to stop climbing before I got very far up those steps.

hbelkins

I hope you guys will post pictures from the meet, especially any old signage and the construction projects.

I ended up oversleeping and missed the meet. I had my alarm set for 6:30 and intended to leave at 8, since it's a three-hour drive and I knew I needed to stop for gas on the way. Ended up not getting up until after 9, and would not have been able to leave until 10 at the earliest. That would have put me arriving at the restaurant at 1, and I figured the tour would have already departed by then and I didn't want to hold it up. So I just went back to sleep.

This isn't the first time this has happened. I missed a Columbus meet a few years ago because I ended up oversleeping.

Since I'm hosting Pikeville next weekend, I will have to make darn sure I get up and get going in time.

bandit957

Quote from: hbelkins on October 12, 2013, 10:16:19 PM
I hope you guys will post pictures from the meet, especially any old signage and the construction projects.

I ended up oversleeping and missed the meet. I had my alarm set for 6:30 and intended to leave at 8, since it's a three-hour drive and I knew I needed to stop for gas on the way. Ended up not getting up until after 9, and would not have been able to leave until 10 at the earliest. That would have put me arriving at the restaurant at 1, and I figured the tour would have already departed by then and I didn't want to hold it up. So I just went back to sleep.

You missed 2 hilarious SBD bunker blasts.

JMoses24

I have no idea how I ran things as I did, knowing what I do now.

This past evening, I ended up at a Florence hospital, where I learned that I have early stages of a urinary tract infection (I wasn't and am not contagious) along with, apparently, several gallstones. (I've been released and am at home this morning.) I had some minor abdominal pain on Friday afternoon, but at the time, I really didn't think anything of it. That dull discomfort continued through the meet on Saturday and then really interfered with my Sunday...to the point where I didn't want to go anywhere. In fact, truth be told, I never left my bed until late Sunday afternoon and even then, didn't do anything until 10:15 PM, at which point I made the call to go to the ER. Which is where I was until 2:15 this morning.

amroad17

Sorry to hear about this.  I hope you are feeling better.

I'm also sorry I had to bolt the meet because we had an urgent matter to take care of at home.  We received a phone call around the time we were leaving the NKU area from my son needing a ride to work because we left our other vehicle at a friend's house my wife was house sitting for.  So we had to go get that vehicle for him.

It was great to meet all of you also.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

bugo

Gall stones AND a urinary tract infection?  That sucks.  I've had gall stones and kidney stones but not at the same time, and they're very painful.

Bell Labs Princess rotary dial phone

bugo

I heard a certain member of this forum had a bad case of gas at the meet.  The smeller is the feller.  Whoever smelt it dealt it.  Whoever said the rhyme committed the crime.

Post Merge: October 14, 2013, 06:26:23 PM

Quote from: bandit957 on October 12, 2013, 11:26:34 PM

You missed 2 hilarious SBD bunker blasts.

The smeller is the feller.

Brandon

Quote from: amroad17 on October 14, 2013, 04:16:57 AM
Sorry to hear about this.  I hope you are feeling better.

I'm also sorry I had to bolt the meet because we had an urgent matter to take care of at home.  We received a phone call around the time we were leaving the NKU area from my son needing a ride to work because we left our other vehicle at a friend's house my wife was house sitting for.  So we had to go get that vehicle for him.

It was great to meet all of you also.

OK, we thought we just lost you somehow on the tour.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Crazy Volvo Guy

This isn't the first time this has happened. I missed a Columbus meet a few years ago because I ended up oversleeping.

Since I'm hosting Pikeville next weekend, I will have to make darn sure I get up and get going in time.

Go to a Pilot and get yourself a Screamin' Meanie.  You won't sleep through that thing's alarm.
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

Brandon

It took longer to upload the photos than I wanted, but...

The meet was fun.  We all met at the Buckhead Mountain Grill in Bellevue, Kentucky and started the tour from there.

The food was good, and I thank our meet host for the venue.

First major stop was at a park overlooking downtown Cincy.  We took the meet photo there.

Found some older signs along the way.

And a set of one-way freeways.

But, it's not much more than a cock and bull story.

JMoses24

There are photos as well on the Facebook event page (that I took), and I'll endeavor to get those over to my photobucket or imgur accounts in the next couple days. Taking care of my health has been priority one this week, as you may imagine.

On a related note to that last sentence, I'm doing better. The gallstones were not noted to me to be a major issue...they were just seen on a CT while the doctors were checking for potential problems. That said, as my mom has a history of gallbladder issues, I may have that taken out at the next sign of gallstone issues. The infection was the problem in the doctor's mind, and that's being treated via a "horse-pill size" dose of Cipro. :( (I don't like pills, especially large ones.)

A.J. Bertin

Jeremy - I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. That's good news.

H.B. - I have my own photos that I'll be posting on my Facebook page pretty soon.

And for the ones who've started the childish discussion about flatulence, how old are we... 8?
-A.J. from Michigan

bugo

Alps

vtk

I was unable to attend this road meet, but as I understand it, the Waldvogel / Sixth Street Viaduct may have been on the agenda.  Yesterday, I was at work in the area, and I got a view of the construction that the tour group probably didn't get to see:

Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

JMoses24

Quote from: vtk on May 17, 2014, 04:30:29 PM
I was unable to attend this road meet, but as I understand it, the Waldvogel / Sixth Street Viaduct may have been on the agenda.  Yesterday, I was at work in the area, and I got a view of the construction that the tour group probably didn't get to see:

(Photos)

Nice shots! We did drive through the area but couldn't stop in the work zone itself unfortunately.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.