News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Tapatalk Issues

Started by robbones, August 16, 2023, 01:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbones

Is anyone having issues with the forum loading on Tapatalk?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times with no luck

1995hoo

Yes, it's been throwing a fairly lengthy error message, and it seems like it will no longer host photos.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Rothman

Been fine for me.

ETA: Still have the problem of being unable to post to certain threads from Tapatalk, though.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Oldiesmann

If/when the admins decide to upgrade to SMF 2.1, you shouldn't need Tapatalk anymore (2.1 is a newer version of the forum software that automatically adapts to fit your screen size - I assume the admins haven't upgraded both because upgrading a forum this size is a chore and because of the custom theme)

hbelkins

Quote from: Oldiesmann on August 18, 2023, 12:55:43 AM
If/when the admins decide to upgrade to SMF 2.1, you shouldn't need Tapatalk anymore (2.1 is a newer version of the forum software that automatically adapts to fit your screen size - I assume the admins haven't upgraded both because upgrading a forum this size is a chore and because of the custom theme)

I'm not a Tapatalk user, as I'm not addicted to the forum to the point where I have to have access from my phone, but my understanding is that [/color][/size] allows the posting of inline images.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Rothman

Right.  Never happening.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Quote from: Rothman on August 20, 2023, 09:00:12 AM
Right.  Never happening.

I have half a mind to upgrade the forum just to spite you.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Rothman

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 20, 2023, 09:05:14 AM
Quote from: Rothman on August 20, 2023, 09:00:12 AM
Right.  Never happening.

I have half a mind to upgrade the forum just to spite you.
Mission accomplished.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.