News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Pittsburgh meet?

Started by Alps, July 31, 2016, 11:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpi

Ironically, I will be in the Pittsburgh area April 7, 8. and 9 but both Stephanie and I are doing not one but TWO diecast toy conventions the same weekend, the next weekend is Easter so to give you guys an idea as to when to have this.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

codyg1985

As others have mentioned, if the meet is held in 2017, I will be more likely to be able to attend.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

wphiii

Quote from: CanesFan27 on August 03, 2016, 08:27:27 PM
Meet theme # 2:
Meyersdale/219 Theme

Meet in Somerset - not familiar with any restaurants - I would ask my brother for guidance as he has done some economic development projects there.

Tour:

US 219 and side roads for construction views etc.
Side roads to Mt. Davis highest point in the PA - because hey it's there.
Side roads down to PA 669 Maryland and US 40
US 40 to the Casselman River Bridges (stone arch, through truss (US 40) and I-68 bridges great stopping place with a parking lot etc.
US 40 into PA and maybe along the old National Road alignments with a stop at the Addison Toll house
If you are lucky, Yough Lake is down and you can see the stone arch Big Crossing Bridge submerged under the lake - if nto the new bridge is at least interesting.
Pa 281 back to Somerset with a possible diversion to any covered bridges like this one:

Barronvale Covered Bridge by Adam Prince, on Flickr

This tour really would have something for everyone and a lot of unique stops.

I dig this idea exponentially more than tooling around Robinson, though I imagine actually being in Pittsburgh would be a big part of the attraction for folks who'd be coming from further away.

Never done a road meet, guess I wouldn't have much of an excuse not to attend if it's in my backyard.

cl94

I'd definitely be interested in a Pittsburgh meet.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

baugh17

Seeing how it is the one part of P-A! I haven't really been to (Not to mention I had plans to attend the national meet in '05 but had to back out), I would be open to attending a meet in Pittsburgh next year.  My calendar for spring is open.  Beyond that, it's hit and miss (I have commitments in mid June and mid July, at the moment).

noelbotevera

I'm interested for a Pittsburgh meet next year too...I was also thinking to do the Kennywood amusement park and make it a 2 day trip.

Bitmapped

A Somerset County meet would probably be more interesting than Pittsburgh.

If there is an honest to goodness Pittsburgh meet, I'd suggest adding PA 28's completed reconstruction to the mix. I think that is more recent than the last Pittsburgh meet.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.