News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-480 express lanes to open Valley View Express Lane Bridge

Started by bing101, June 12, 2023, 06:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

The Ghostbuster

JREwing78

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on June 12, 2023, 07:50:40 PM
Are express lanes common in the Cleveland area?

I-271 has 14 miles of them between I-480 and I-90 on the east side of the Cleveland metro, in a 3x2x2x3 arrangement on about 400' of ROW.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on June 12, 2023, 07:50:40 PM
Are express lanes common in the Cleveland area?

Previously only along I-271 along the eastside.
Similar to I-270 on the eastside of Columbus.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

sprjus4

It's important to note these Express Lanes in Ohio are not HO/T (High Occupancy / Toll) lanes or toll lanes. They are simply "through"  lanes that are separated from the local exits.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: sprjus4 on June 12, 2023, 10:58:32 PM
It's important to note these Express Lanes in Ohio are not HO/T (High Occupancy / Toll) lanes or toll lanes. They are simply "through"  lanes that are separated from the local exits.

They might have considered HO/T lanes for I-271 & 480 once upon a time, but Toll Lanes have never been considered for any existing highway in Ohio (excluding funding proposals for Brent Spence Bridge)
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

thenetwork

Think of them as more like the Express Lanes on the Dan Ryan in Chicago or the Jeffries Freeway in Detroit.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: thenetwork on July 04, 2023, 12:48:17 PM

Think of them as more like the Express Lanes on the Dan Ryan in Chicago or the Jeffries Freeway in Detroit.

And also to Hwy-401 in Toronto along with a small part of Hwy-400 north of Hwy-407.

CapeCodder

Quote from: thenetwork on July 04, 2023, 12:48:17 PM
It's important to note these Express Lanes in Ohio are not HO/T (High Occupancy / Toll) lanes or toll lanes. They are simply "through"  lanes that are separated from the local exits.

I'd add I-84 and 91 in the Hartford area

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.