Counties that contain no national-level routes

Started by epzik8, October 23, 2018, 02:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DandyDan

Iowa has Emmet, Pocahontas and Guthrie Counties, which all have IA 4, Taylor, Appanoose and Van Buren Counties, which all have IA 2, plus Marion, Keokuk and Butler Counties as well. Guthrie County had US 6, until it got moved to I-80. Marion and Keokuk had a previous routing of US 63 (and Marion had US 163 as well). Butler had US 20 in its pre-freeway days.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

hbelkins

I was going to say Lincoln County, WV, home of my grandfather, but then remembered that the four-lane US 119 clips a corner of it now.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

rarnold

Nebraska
Arthur, Banner, Grant, Hooker, McPherson, Perkins

North Dakota
Cavalier, Mercer

Montana
Daniels, Garfield, McCone, Sheridan

Bitmapped

West Virginia:
Tyler, Pleasants (formerly had US 50A), Webster, Wirt (formerly had US 21)

Ohio:
Morgan, Monroe, Carroll (barely misses US 30)

DandyDan

Quote from: rarnold on October 27, 2018, 11:52:22 PM
Nebraska
Arthur, Banner, Grant, Hooker, McPherson, Perkins
Can also add Pawnee, Wayne, Knox, Nance, Boone, Sherman, Valley, Garfield and Blaine.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Flint1979

Michigan has the following counties:

Barry
Gladwin
Huron
Leelanau
Luce
Missaukee
Montmorency
Newaygo
Oscoda
Sanilac
Tuscola

Flint1979

Quote from: ce929wax on October 23, 2018, 05:02:30 PM
I'm thinking Newaygo County in Michigan doesn't have any US or Interstate Highways in it.  US 131 comes within a mile or so of Newaygo County.  Oscoda and Montmorency counties also fit the bill.
I just had the time to go and look at all Michigan's counties and the list in my post above this one is the complete list.

paulthemapguy

Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

kphoger

Quote from: Flint1979 on November 01, 2018, 10:55:03 AM
I'm thinking Newaygo County in Michigan doesn't have any US or Interstate Highways in it.  US 131 comes within a mile or so of Newaygo County.  Oscoda and Montmorency counties also fit the bill.
I just had the time to go and look at all Michigan's counties and the list in my post above this one is the complete list.

FYI, it's possible to change your settings such that new posts are at the TOP of the thread, not the bottom.  That's the way I have my settings, not sure who else does things that way.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on November 01, 2018, 11:59:12 AM
Quote from: Flint1979 on November 01, 2018, 10:55:03 AM
FYI, it's possible to change your settings such that new posts are at the TOP of the thread, not the bottom.  That's the way I have my settings, not sure who else does things that way.

I understand why you do things that way, but for me, having new posts at the top seems chronologically very backwards. I vastly prefer to click the "NEW!" icon; and then I can both scroll in the correct direction and read the posts in the order they occurred.

Interestingly, the way you have it (new posts at the top) is the way the thread appears while I have the post window open, but once I hit post, the order reverses.

kphoger

I made the switch about a year ago, I think.  I really like looking at Page 1 of every thread in order to get the latest posts.  This way, I only have to click on the thread title, rather than the little number identifying the last page number of the thread.  It look a little getting used to, but it's totally normal to me by now.

Also, in threads full of pictures, I often want to browse them in reverse order (that is, to see the most recent pictures right away), and this allows me to do so simply by scrolling down from the top.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on November 01, 2018, 01:57:21 PM
I made the switch about a year ago, I think.  I really like looking at Page 1 of every thread in order to get the latest posts.  This way, I only have to click on the thread title, rather than the little number identifying the last page number of the thread.  It look a little getting used to, but it's totally normal to me by now.

You do know about the new posts icon I was referring to, right? I know we discussed it recently somewhere on the forum  but it may have been while you were offline. Next to every thread is a little yellow flashing "NEW!" button, which, incredibly, is actually clickable and takes you to your first unread post in the thread!!

(Before I learned about this, I, too, got annoyed with having to click the last page number. But, mercifully, clicking the last page number is no longer a feature of my forum experience, thanks to the "NEW!" icon).

EDIT: Aha! I found it!
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=22190.0

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on November 01, 2018, 02:04:14 PM
Quote from: kphoger on November 01, 2018, 01:57:21 PM

You do know about the new posts icon I was referring to, right? I know we discussed it recently somewhere on the forum  but it may have been while you were offline. Next to every thread is a little yellow flashing "NEW!" button, which, incredibly, is actually clickable and takes you to your first unread post in the thread!!

(Before I learned about this, I, too, got annoyed with having to click the last page number. But, mercifully, clicking the last page number is no longer a feature of my forum experience, thanks to the "NEW!" icon).

EDIT: Aha! I found it!
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=22190.0

Yeah, I missed out on that thread.  Thank you.
Male pronouns, please.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Thing 342 on October 23, 2018, 06:28:43 PM
You can add Craig, Dickenson, and Westmoreland to the VA list.
Stretching the definition a bit, you could also add the cities of Poquoson, Manassas, Manassas Park and (I think) Falls Church, as they're independent cities.

Falls Church has U.S. 29 (called Washington Street in the city).
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

dvferyance

In Wisconsin Adams, Burnett, Door, Florence, Green, Green Lake, Kewaunee, Menomonie and Sawyer counties all have no US or interstate routes

triplemultiplex

Quote from: dvferyance on November 11, 2018, 10:17:00 PM
In Wisconsin Adams, Burnett, Door, Florence, Green, Green Lake, Kewaunee, Menomonie and Sawyer counties all have no US or interstate routes

US 2/141
US 63

Quote from: csw on October 24, 2018, 02:02:42 PM
Wisconsin seems to be Taylor, Green, Green Lake, Kewaunee, Door, Menominee, and Burnett.

edit: and Adams.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.