News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

One Of My BGS Pet Peeves...

Started by thenetwork, December 24, 2010, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agentsteel53

Quote from: J N Winkler on January 07, 2011, 11:55:56 PMIt would be interesting to see if Pennsylvania ever tried outline US and Pennsylvania state route shields during the relatively brief period of time when they were allowed

"relatively brief" is anything from the dawn of signage up to 1961.  A lot of the times, the "outline shield" turned out to be white with black legend anyway, so it didn't really count, but when states started using colored signage (black, green, what have you) the outline shield was the first thing defaulted to. 

and, for Penna:

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

The Premier

Alex P. Dent

corco

Well that totally nukes the uniqueness of that sign assembly  :ded:

vdeane

Still needs an exit tab for Fourth St too.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

LeftyJR

PA would probably put the "South" above the I-99/US220 assembly in the second drawing.

PAHighways

Quote from: J N Winkler on January 07, 2011, 11:55:56 PMIt would be interesting to see if Pennsylvania ever tried outline US and Pennsylvania state route shields during the relatively brief period of time when they were allowed; I don't have any signing plan sheets which address this point.

The old signage for the Saw Mill Run Boulevard/Banksville Road interchange on then I-279 northbound, which was replaced in the early-mid 2000s, had outlined US and PA shields.

PAHighways

Quote from: LeftyJR on January 10, 2011, 08:43:46 AMPA would probably put the "South" above the I-99/US220 assembly in the second drawing.

The cardinal directions are above the shields on the guides at the trumpet in Duncansville.  District 11 just eliminates the clutter by just having the Interstate on the main guide, and only mentioning the multiplexed routes to an auxiliary sign with "[route(s)] [direction] FOLLOW [Interstate] [direction]."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.