Lodi Mission Arch (US 99 and Lincoln Highway road side attraction)

Started by Max Rockatansky, July 07, 2019, 11:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

While out and about on road this past holiday weekend I stopped by downtown Lodi to see the 1907 Lodi Mission Arch on the east corner of Pine Street and Sacramento Street.  While Sacramento Street in Lodi never became a major highway in the 20th Century the Lodi Mission Arch was a noted attraction for the Lincoln Highway (which was on Lower Sacramento Street) and early US 99 (Cherokee Lane).  You don't really tend to see too many old roadside structures like the Lodi Mission Arch anymore, so I though it was worth a quick look:

https://www.gribblenation.org/2019/07/lodi-mission-arch.html

nexus73

Stuck in Lodi again.  Next time I will not try to haul a wide load through the Lodi Arch...LOL!

Come to North Bend OR to see a classic neon sign across 101 just south of the McCullough Bridge.  Grants Pass OR has an even better one with "It's The Climate" being the operative phrase.  Actually our coastal climate is more mild than the Caveman City has but hey, Chamber of Commerce and all that you know!

Rick

US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.