Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

Senator Scott Weiner Petitions Caltrans to remove the Central Freeway in SF

(1/22) > >>

thsftw:
It’s time to remove the remaining Central Freeway, south of Market Street. Its removal would be a huge benefit to San Francisco.

That’s why I just sent @CaltransHQ a letter asking it to evaluate the cost & logistics of tearing this remnant freeway down.⬇️ https://t.co/pJFbYkrwws— Senator Scott Wiener (@Scott_Wiener) November 30, 2022
--- End quote ---

As someone who uses it all the time and already hates traffic, I definitely disagree with the commenters in that thread saying "just use public transportation!". I guess (my opinion) they don't realize that a major US highway goes through there and sometimes people need to go through SF.

Scott5114:
What a weiner.

SectorZ:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on November 30, 2022, 03:14:20 PM ---What a weiner.

--- End quote ---

His first name looks kind of familiar though.

roadman65:
Thats the latest trend. Freeways upsetting neighborhoods and they need to go.  The Sheridan in NYC is proof they can be eliminated.

Then thats why KC wont let I-49 be completed. Its all going to disrupt the neighborhood, but we welcome the added traffic on our neighborhood streets though. Sure well have some people get struck by a car, but at least no barriers in the area to separate our whole community.

SeriesE:
Make it hard for non-residents to visit the city and then wonder why business is floundering

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version