Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

🛣 Headlines About California Highways November 2022

(1/2) > >>

cahwyguy:
As I'm getting reading for the Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (www.acsac.org), I don't have too much time for an introduction this month. Here are your headlines for November; it was a quieter month.

https://cahighways.org/wordpress/?p=16491

Ready, set, discuss.

Occidental Tourist:
Two notable items:
Berkeley banning right turns on red sounds like a great way to spend a boatload of money on signs for almost no compliance, and

Where is SR-99E in Red Bluff, other than 57 years in the past?

cahwyguy:

--- Quote from: Occidental Tourist on December 02, 2022, 01:10:52 AM ---Where is SR-99E in Red Bluff, other than 57 years in the past?

--- End quote ---

I wonder if that was a typo. There is a road whose name is "State Highway 99W" on the southern outskirts (the old road) -- no longer a state highway, but it still has the name.

theroadwayone:

--- Quote from: cahwyguy on December 02, 2022, 08:15:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: Occidental Tourist on December 02, 2022, 01:10:52 AM ---Where is SR-99E in Red Bluff, other than 57 years in the past?

--- End quote ---

I wonder if that was a typo. There is a road whose name is "State Highway 99W" on the southern outskirts (the old road) -- no longer a state highway, but it still has the name.

--- End quote ---
There are plenty of those; county routes or just regular streets with old U.S. highway numbers as a name.

gonealookin:
A bit of a nitpick, sorry:  Although the article about the US 50 road diet at Tahoe is on SFGate, the project area being discussed is entirely in Nevada.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version