News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Roads that Could Have Been in the Northwest

Started by thefraze_1020, June 28, 2018, 02:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

If the bridge was built, Camas would look a lot more like Orchards. The Camas-Washougal area is already sprawling out too, so accelerating it would be disastrous.

Sub-Urbanite

Quote from: Bruce on August 24, 2020, 01:02:39 AM
If the bridge was built, Camas would look a lot more like Orchards. The Camas-Washougal area is already sprawling out too, so accelerating it would be disastrous.

I mean, sure, there would be some growth. But Washington has Urban Growth Boundaries as well, so it would be somewhat tempered. But I think a NE-SW alignment would discourage people who are trying to commute into Portland proper, so commuters would primarily use it if they were going to Troutdale, Gresham, the Airport Way corridor, etc. I just think it's a limited market for local use, but a stronger market for regional freight traffic.

kkt

I've got to say, I'm glad they didn't build the 33rd Ave. bridge over the Columbia or the Laurelhurst Freeway along 37th Avenue.  They are densely populated neighborhoods.  Much better that they put the freeway and I-205 out in what was then sparsely settled suburbs.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.