News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Need a New 10,000+ Rank Marker

Started by Rothman, June 03, 2022, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

Quote from: Poiponen13 on December 20, 2022, 03:25:54 PM
That's a joke! What f[size=2]eatures are exclusive for mods and admins in real world? [/size]

Real-world mods and admins? One example is turning back time when a disaster occurs. For example, April 10, 2016 would have had a 9/11-like event on DC's buildings if admins didn't turn back time and let time run its course in a different way (there's always random variation when you redo a day). The reason 9/11 itself wasn't prevented was because there was also a hurricane headed for NYC that day, and there was miscommunication between different groups of admins regarding 9/11 and the Hurricane Deflection Team, plus restarting the day 20+ times never got rid of 9/11 entirely but only changed its severity.

Admins can theoretically erase someone from existence, but it almost never gets done because the admin's approval rating will take a hit.

Santa would not be able to deliver billions of gifts in 24 hours (due to time zones) without the help of real-world admins.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Poiponen13

Quote from: 1 on December 20, 2022, 03:30:53 PM
That's a joke! What features are exclusive for mods and admins in real world?

Real-world mods and admins? One example is turning back time when a disaster occurs. For example, April 10, 2016 would have had a 9/11-like event on DC's buildings if admins didn't turn back time and let time run its course in a different way (there's always random variation when you redo a day). The reason 9/11 itself wasn't prevented was because there was also a hurricane headed for NYC that day, and there was miscommunication between different groups of admins regarding 9/11 and the Hurricane Deflection Team, plus restarting the day 20+ times never got rid of 9/11 entirely but only changed its severity.
I meant what features are exclusive for mods and admins in this forum. Like locking, sticking and deleting threads and editing other members' messages.

kphoger

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 20, 2022, 03:24:58 PM
Mods can build new islands, but only Admins can put them up for sale after construction ends.

That's a joke!

No it f[size=2] isn't.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JoePCool14

Quote from: Poiponen13 on December 20, 2022, 03:33:44 PM
I meant what features are exclusive for mods and admins in this forum. Like locking, sticking and deleting threads and editing other members' messages.

Probably just typical forum management tools. Threads can also be moved between boards or merged.

Admins are another story with what they can do.  :popcorn:

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Poiponen13

Quote from: JoePCool14 on December 20, 2022, 03:42:02 PM
Quote from: Poiponen13 on December 20, 2022, 03:33:44 PM

Probably just typical forum management tools. Threads can also be moved between boards or merged.

Admins are another story with what they can do.  :popcorn:
There could be a special "Likes the forum way, way too much" subforum for members over 10,000 posts.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Poiponen13

Max Rockatansky

Poiponen13

hotdogPi

I want to point out that Reddit's r/lounge, which requires real money (either yourself or one of your comments was gilded), is absolutely useless. There is no point in a 10000+ post board.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

kphoger

Quote from: Poiponen13 on December 20, 2022, 03:49:40 PM

Quote from: kphoger on December 20, 2022, 03:45:36 PM
Why?

Because it would give one benefit.

What benefit?

I bet the only thread in that special secret forum would be called something like "Let's all gripe about the latest troll", and the only advantage would be that you couldn't respond.
Male pronouns, please.

Scott5114

We are not adding any ranks or features for ranks at this time. The ranks are meaningless fluff that is meant to be a little bit of fun. Even typing out a list of what they are now is spending more time on them than they deserve, much less inventing new ones.

If you have any questions about the admin/moderator feature set, please read the documentation for Simple Machines Forum.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.