News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Biggest Roadgeek/Trip Regrets

Started by Hunty2022, May 14, 2024, 03:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

Quote from: epzik8 on June 16, 2024, 12:20:34 PMMy dad, brothers and I regret passing up on a chance to go through Preston, Idaho, the main setting of Napoleon Dynamite, on a leg of a western RV trip in 2009 going from Yellowstone to Salt Lake.

You didn't miss much.

*was in Preston before it was cool*
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

My wife loves that movie.  I saw it in the theater when it was new but I was kind "meh" on it.  I've watched again twice in an attempt to figure out what I'm missing.

Rothman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 16, 2024, 05:11:51 PMMy wife loves that movie.  I saw it in the theater when it was new but I was kind "meh" on it.  I've watched again twice in an attempt to figure out what I'm missing.

Heh.  My parents didn't get it at all, but then their friends thought it was hilarious ("He tries to feed a llama casserole!"), so my parents had to give it another shot and see if they could wrap their heads around the humor.  They improved.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

vdeane

Maybe not biggest of all time, but I'm kinda wishing I had my camera with me this weekend.  I left for Rochester a good 2 hours earlier than usual due to having a bridal shower to go to Friday evening, and as a result ended up getting off the Thruway in Syracuse to get lunch at DestiNY USA, since the service areas don't really have decent food options heading that way between Pattersonville (when it reopens) and Junius Ponds (I'm not obsessed with fried chicken like many people seem to be these days), reconnecting via I-690.  Turns out there are quite a bit of new signs around Syracuse.  And then, I decided that a trip that I already mucked about with and that's sandwiched between two others was the perfect opportunity to finally use Thruway exits 38, 37, 34, and 32, and clinched Old Liverpool Road in the process, looping back via Onondaga Lake Parkway.  Turns out NY 370 has a lot of stuff to shoot or reshoot too.  Had I known, I would have brought the camera, but the details of this trip were a lot more spur of the moment than usual, especially since how I handled lunch Friday was highly dependent on when I managed to leave, when I felt like eating (specifically, whether I felt like trying to stretch it to Junius Ponds), and the weather.  I don't think my route for Sunday was even conceived up 24 hours in advance.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Mr. Matté

Not going to the Central Jersey Roadmeet of 2011, whose starting point was right in my backyard. Probably would have been more involved with the community earlier on in my life instead of really ramping up with the community about 10 years later. There's a chance I may have known the people driving the famous ice cream truck too since at the time former high school classmates of mine did have a business driving one that made the local newspaper.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.