News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Ye Olde MUTCDs

Started by Scott5114, April 15, 2010, 01:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

https://ceprofs.civil.tamu.edu/ghawkins/MUTCD-History.htm

Went to Richard Moeur's site for the first time in a while, and he has a link to this. MUTCDs dating back to 1927. Awesome stuff.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

J N Winkler

Yup--it is really nice to have this material online and linked to in one place.  The DOT library did have a 1930's MUTCD online for some years but online availability of the others from 1927-1988 is new.

Now all that is missing is the state MUTCDs!
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

US71

Quote from: J N Winkler on April 15, 2010, 04:43:19 AM
Yup--it is really nice to have this material online and linked to in one place.  The DOT library did have a 1930's MUTCD online for some years but online availability of the others from 1927-1988 is new.

I've actually got a '48 and a '61 in one of my boxes of books.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

roadfro

Thanks for posting this, Scott. It's nice to have links to all these older MUTCDs. Great stuff--too much to peruse in one sitting!
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.