News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Windshield wipers

Started by agentsteel53, August 22, 2012, 12:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Quote from: kphoger on August 24, 2012, 01:25:35 PM
Quote from: J N Winkler on August 24, 2012, 11:46:00 AM
Windex (blue solution), sprayed on heavily

I get streaking when using paper towels.  What do you wipe with (and don't tell me toilet paper)?

I get good results with a microfiber cloth and just a tiny bit of glass cleaner.  I personally do not recommend the "Windshield Wonder" : it's way overpriced. It does an "adequate" job but not enough to justify paying $10 for a square piece of plastic on a handle.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

DaBigE

Quote from: US71 on September 04, 2012, 09:04:04 AM
Quote from: kphoger on August 24, 2012, 01:25:35 PM
Quote from: J N Winkler on August 24, 2012, 11:46:00 AM
Windex (blue solution), sprayed on heavily

I get streaking when using paper towels.  What do you wipe with (and don't tell me toilet paper)?

I get good results with a microfiber cloth and just a tiny bit of glass cleaner.  I personally do not recommend the "Windshield Wonder" : it's way overpriced. It does an "adequate" job but not enough to justify paying $10 for a square piece of plastic on a handle.

I got the "Windshield Wonder" for about $0.50 (still probably about 10x what the thing should actually cost). I use it to put my glass cleaning wipes on; the "microfiber" cloth that's included is the cheapest POS cloth I've ever used. The pressure applied to the handle usually is enough to keep the sheet in place, at least until it begins to dry out. It works great for getting that hard-to-reach crevasse where the windshield meets the dash.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.