News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2013 county population estimates

Started by golden eagle, March 30, 2014, 06:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden eagle

The U.S. Census Bureau released its annual county population Thursday. For results, click on the following:

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/index.html

Because of so much clicking back and forth, I hadn't sat down much to really study the numbers. A few observations:

Montgomery County, MD, is now a millionaire county, bringing the total number to 41. Soon, several other counties will join that list, including Fulton, GA; Mecklenburg and Wake, NC; and Pima, AZ.

getemngo

I really loathe how difficult it is to find a particular set of data on the Census Bureau's site. It's never intuitive at all, it seems to change every couple years, getting neither better nor worse, and it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

But here's a way to get all the counties in a state for 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. From golden eagle's link, click the state you want, click "Want more? Browse data sets for <state>" at the upper right corner of the table, and then go to "Population Estimates: Estimates for all counties."
~ Sam from Michigan

golden eagle

I hate that, too. But just like everything else in government, it can't be simple.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.