News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

kalvado

Quote from: roadman65 on March 07, 2023, 09:40:03 PM
Tax the church. Yes if it's Al Sharpton, but many congregations struggle to make ends meet and if you're talking about the Catholics cause they got Rome don't even go there.
And tax political parties while we're at that.

vdeane

Quote from: roadman65 on March 07, 2023, 09:22:12 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 07, 2023, 09:16:25 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 07, 2023, 09:10:37 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 07, 2023, 09:08:34 PM
I had my wife (a Californian behavioral health professional) have a look at the last couple of pages.  She had some opinions that MMM probably wouldn't agree with.
What opinions? Let's see at how MMM's ideas stack up to a professional. Oh, I forgot, he knows more than all of them!

Essentially that's he's wrong about much of what he says or lacks a fully understanding about subjects he speaks on. 

That's why I believe he has a big insecurity issue, and he posts his wacked out ideas and feels complimented over shame when we chastise him over them. He loves attention. It's not about roads at all.
This.  MMM is just here for attention.  All those people who think they can chastise him by pointing out why his ideas wouldn't work are barking up the wrong tree, since he likes the attention.  I remember when I got everyone arguing about MMM rather than to MMM on the California speed limits thread, and he just left.  Rant ended, no thread lock, never happened before, never happened since.  All because people stopped paying attention to him.

Honestly, I'd love it if the mods enforced the post quality rule against MMM.  The recent posts page is clogged with post after post going around and around the same old arguments all day long, it's ridiculous.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: vdeane on March 07, 2023, 10:04:12 PM
I had my wife (a Californian behavioral health professional) have a look at the last couple of pages.  She had some opinions that MMM probably wouldn't agree with.
What opinions? Let's see at how MMM's ideas stack up to a professional. Oh, I forgot, he knows more than all of them!

Essentially that's he's wrong about much of what he says or lacks a fully understanding about subjects he speaks on. 

That's why I believe he has a big insecurity issue, and he posts his wacked out ideas and feels complimented over shame when we chastise him over them. He loves attention. It's not about roads at all.
This.  MMM is just here for attention.  All those people who think they can chastise him by pointing out why his ideas wouldn't work are barking up the wrong tree, since he likes the attention.  I remember when I got everyone arguing about MMM rather than to MMM on the California speed limits thread, and he just left.  Rant ended, no thread lock, never happened before, never happened since.  All because people stopped paying attention to him.

Honestly, I'd love it if the mods enforced the post quality rule against MMM.  The recent posts page is clogged with post after post going around and around the same old arguments all day long, it's ridiculous.

The real fun in these threads is throwing some random thing into the conversation and seeing where it goes as an observer.  I used to do to Lord Carhorn for different but equally amusing reasons.

roadman65

Quote from: kalvado on March 07, 2023, 09:55:11 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on March 07, 2023, 09:40:03 PM
Tax the church. Yes if it's Al Sharpton, but many congregations struggle to make ends meet and if you're talking about the Catholics cause they got Rome don't even go there.
And tax political parties while we're at that.

Considering that they've taken over the roll of a congregation as now people of both parties are religious to their ideals.  You might consider that both parties have become churches in their own right. They both have loyal followers.

As far as Sharpton goes, he can't legally qualify for tax exempt as churches are forbidden to enforce candidates or politicians parties at all. They can educate their brethren on how to vote, but can't tell them who to vote. As we all know, Sharpton is a big supporter of Democrats running for office and telling his flock to vote that way, which disqualifies himself from receiving tax exempt status.

That is why Pope Francis defrocked that one priest recently who was endorsing Trump because he put the Church's tax exempt status in limbo as he isn't to endorse anyone whether Biden or Trump.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Roadgeekteen

Churches should be taxed if they are those big megachurches or if they are promoting poiticial parties or ideas. Not sure about other churches.

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 07, 2023, 10:06:11 PM

The real fun in these threads is throwing some random thing into the conversation and seeing where it goes as an observer.  I used to do to Lord Carhorn for different but equally amusing reasons.
The fun thing about these threads are that MMM's random rants can sometimes make me do some research on topics I didn't know about before, like anti medicine christian cults in Idaho.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Roadgeekteen

The hotel thread has replaced the speed limit thread as the 3rd MMM rant thread.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

MultiMillionMiler

You would have never came across those if I hadn't posted it. And that is the issue right there. It takes so much effort to bring things like this to public attention, yet the logo on pancake syrup can make the national news. And as far as attention seeking, I think I could do a much better job if that were my intent, than a forum that has gained 5000 members in 13 years. That speed limit thread was fun to read though.

roadman65

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 07, 2023, 10:10:24 PM

The hotel thread has replaced the speed limit thread as the 3rd MMM rant thread.

He sure knows how to derail. He can make you forget what your point is in a heartbeat.

He'd make a great politician as he could derail a reporters question easily.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman65

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 07, 2023, 10:15:44 PM
You would have never came across those if I hadn't posted it. And that is the issue right there. It takes so much effort to bring things like this to public attention, yet the logo on pancake syrup can make the national news. And as far as attention seeking, I think I could do a much better job if that were my intent, than a forum that has gained 5000 members in 13 years. That speed limit thread was fun to read though.

Lots of folks don't know this, but the former lady on the syrup bottle was the first African American Woman to prosper in wealth. CNN, Fox, Etc. won't tell you that tidbit.

Sheryl Crowe

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: roadman65 on March 07, 2023, 10:18:50 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 07, 2023, 10:15:44 PM

Lots of folks don't know this, but the former lady on the syrup bottle was the first African American Woman to prosper in wealth. CNN, Fox, Etc. won't tell you that tidbit.

So then what was the issue with it? I don't watch CNN or FOX, unless I need a good laugh from reading the comment wars.

roadman65

Again figure of speech.  ^^^

Sheryl Crowe

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: roadman65 on March 07, 2023, 10:16:54 PM

He sure knows how to derail. He can make you forget what your point is in a heartbeat.

Maybe I should run for political office then. At least then I would have a slightly higher chance of success of repealing lenient child abuse laws. I have a feeling 90% of my answers to reporters would be: "Who cares, why are you even here and who in America actually cares" based on the things they obssess over.

roadman65

Hint if you decide to run, don't tell them about the helicopters with hooks.  You're better off telling them you rode on a UFO and met Elvis.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

I think MMM should run on a platform of helicopter grapple hooks.  In fact, he should run under the banner of the "Helicopter Grapple Party."   We'll call his party members "Grapple Gang"  for short. 

US 89

I wish I could remove this thread from the "show new replies" list :/

MultiMillionMiler

I would rather designate my party something like "Adolescent Advocate" or "End Crimes Against Children".

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 07, 2023, 10:55:16 PM
I would rather designate my party something like "Adolescent Advocate" or "End Crimes Against Children".
Instead of running for office, just start like a non profit or something. But your ideas are so wacky that almost no one will actual agree with them. You have some good intentions but your actual ideas would be a disaster.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 07, 2023, 10:55:16 PM

I found a spokesman for the Grapple Gang:

Hobart

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 07, 2023, 10:29:42 PM

Maybe I should run for political office then. At least then I would have a slightly higher chance of success of repealing lenient child abuse laws. I have a feeling 90% of my answers to reporters would be: "Who cares, why are you even here and who in America actually cares" based on the things they obssess over.

If you run for office, don't forget to vote! There was a mayoral candidate in Brazil who didn't vote, and his wife didn't vote, and they lost the election by one vote!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Hobart on March 07, 2023, 11:09:52 PM

If you run for office, don't forget to vote! There was a mayoral candidate in Brazil who didn't vote, and his wife didn't vote, and they lost the election by one vote!
MMM the type of guy to run for office but still not vote. He was too busy arguing with us on AAroads.

MultiMillionMiler

Of course I would vote for myself LOL

The only reason I haven't voted now is because so far no political candidate has ever offered anything of value to the population. So far, they only care about the same 3-5 issues, and will take only an extreme position on all of them with no middleground. I won't be a part of that. Also no one can tell me "You Voted for this so deal with it" when I didn't vote. I reserve my right to complain about either side then.

Max Rockatansky

You didn't vote for yourself in the Highway thread.

Early morning by the way?  It's not even 8 AM.

MultiMillionMiler

I've been up since 5 am today, my phone just had to charge. I also didn't fall asleep until about 1 am, and I'm not even tired right now, told ya my sleep pattern are erratic. I wish I could vote for the fused fritzowl/kernals option, but too late.

MultiMillionMiler

https://nypost.com/2023/03/07/texit-texas-lawmaker-introduces-bill-to-vote-on-secession/

Texas is going to actually try to do this LMAO

What a waste of effort making my new interstate highway maps for them (I hope those aren't the reason they are suceding.)

GaryV

Maybe I should run for political office then.
"I don't vote, but please vote for me." Yeah, that'll go over well with the populace.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.