News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 08, 2023, 09:19:37 AM
https://nypost.com/2023/03/07/texit-texas-lawmaker-introduces-bill-to-vote-on-secession/

Texas is going to actually try to do this LMAO

What a waste of effort making my new interstate highway maps for them (I hope those aren't the reason they are suceding.)

You do understand that much like your Interstate plans that succession bill is going nowhere?

Hobart

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 08, 2023, 09:19:37 AM
https://nypost.com/2023/03/07/texit-texas-lawmaker-introduces-bill-to-vote-on-secession/

Texas is going to actually try to do this LMAO

What a waste of effort making my new interstate highway maps for them (I hope those aren't the reason they are seceding/succeeding.)

It probably won't go anywhere. If it does, Texas will be back in battered shape in a few years. They can't even handle a day at 55 degrees. Though I will say, I wouldn't be surprised if a state would threaten secession over having entirely too many freeways and state maintenance expenses thrust upon it.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

MultiMillionMiler

Well maybe we should poll the forum in how many want Texas to secede? If the majority vote yes, I'll ramp up my fictional highway plans for that state.

Max Rockatansky

I could do with less Texas exceptionalism and Buc-ee's in my life.

thspfc

Losing Texas would be very bad for the country.

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 08, 2023, 11:16:24 AM
So long as we're playing this game, we all could do with less Californian exceptionalism. Doesn't mean we should remove it from the union.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: thspfc on March 08, 2023, 11:21:08 AM
Losing Texas would be very bad for the country.

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 08, 2023, 11:16:24 AM
So long as we're playing this game, we all could do with less Californian exceptionalism. Doesn't mean we should remove it from the union.

I don't disagree on either of those statements. 

Roadgeekteen

Texas will be fine in the future. In 10-20 years it will be better due to trends.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

hotdogPi

At least my state is safe – it's one of the few states where it contributes to federal funding rather than the other way around. (California is almost perfectly breakeven, and Texas and Florida are in the middle of the pack, receiving some but nowhere near the most.)

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 08, 2023, 11:41:49 AM
Texas will be fine in the future. In 10-20 years it will be better due to trends.

Look at Georgia, where they've gerrymandered their state legislature. Also don't assume Texas will definitely turn blue – while the suburban counties are getting bluer, the Hispanic and Vietnamese areas are getting redder.

Texas has also put some things in their state constitution that can't be undone if it turns blue unless it gets 2/3.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

kphoger

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 08, 2023, 10:33:21 AM
Well maybe we should poll the forum in how many want Texas to secede? If the majority vote yes, I'll ramp up my fictional highway plans for that state.

Well, that's one way to get everyone to vote no.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

TheHighwayMan3561

As much as Texans rabidly gush over their brief time as an independent nation, they try just as hard to ignore the part of the story where they were quietly begging for the US to annex them because they were drowning in war debt from the fighting with Mexico.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

SectorZ

Trends? I am guessing you've never tried to live within a budget in the state we share if you assume trending that way is "fine"...

roadman65

Texas has said it before. Remember when Obama beat that Mitt guy? They tried to do it. Now two and one half terms later they're still with us.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on March 08, 2023, 12:56:30 PM
As much as Texans rabidly gush over their brief time as an independent nation, they try just as hard to ignore the part of the story where they were quietly begging for the US to annex them because they were drowning in war debt from the fighting with Mexico.

Or when they say how much they hate US values and how they are so different and should be exempt from certain federal regulations, but then coming begging for the US to come down and help fix their pathetic power grid. Or trying to criminalize people for legally doing things in other states they don't like. Please secede.

kkt

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on March 08, 2023, 12:56:30 PM

That's interesting!  I didn't know that.
(I guess them begging quietly worked...)

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: SectorZ on March 08, 2023, 01:11:27 PM

Trends? I am guessing you've never tried to live within a budget in the state we share if you assume trending that way is "fine"...
At least we have human rights here

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

If we turn enough of MultiDozenMiler's threads into political arguments, will that make him stop?
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kphoger on March 08, 2023, 01:50:31 PM
If we turn enough of MultiDozenMiler's threads into political arguments, will that make him stop?
Trump bad Biden good lol

kphoger

MultiDozenMiler is a xenophobic tushy jester.
Male pronouns, please.

roadman65

It's always normal to threaten to leave when the going gets tough.  Whether it's in our personal life or when we experience a o political setback.   Texas is going through that. Like Hollywood did with Trump.  How many celebrities left the USA after that? 

Human nature it all is.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Quote from: roadman65 on March 08, 2023, 02:27:28 PM
It's always normal to threaten to leave when the going gets tough.  Whether it's in our personal life or when we experience a o political setback.   Texas is going through that. Like Hollywood did with Trump.  How many celebrities left the USA after that? 

Human nature it all is.

Back before the 2016 primaries, a couple we're friends with said they would move to Canada if the election came down to Trump and Clinton.  They didn't move.
Male pronouns, please.

J N Winkler

All right, guys, I'm calling time (temporarily) on this thread.  It will reopen for discussion after 24 hours.  --J N Winkler

And I'm calling it permanently (stealing space from J.N.'s post so as to avoid a bump). MMM will no longer be a member of this forum going forward. -S.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.