News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Confusing commercials

Started by roadman65, April 24, 2023, 12:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Integrity has been running radio ads lately that point out about how their company listens to details. They, so far, used two stories about things in life. The first was the life of a penguin and the most recent one is about Buzz Aldrin using a dummy rigged switch aboard the Apollo mission to the Moon.

Then, the announcer asks the audience " Did you notice that one detail was wrong? He said so in both, like we all knew the story being told already. However most do not keep up totally and the fact most people are ignorant in today's society.

I only knew what detail was wrong in the former, as I remembered once learning that the male penguin is the one who incubates the eggs in the nest and not the female. However, the Apollo mission with Neil Armstrong I'm not quite familiar with and I'm sure many others are not either.

Not to debate the validity of the commercial, but to start a thread about how many commercials are out there that haven't a clue about who their audiences are.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Basically every drug PSA that was out during the 1980s/1990s with this one leading the way:

SectorZ

Confusing?

Amazon with the girl with the fake mustache listening to the worst era of Queen. Olivia Wilde should not be allowed to direct commercials.

kphoger

Political ads on YouTube for states that don't even border mine...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

MATraveler128

Quote from: kphoger on April 24, 2023, 10:45:00 AM
Political ads on YouTube for states that don't even border mine...

Indeed. I got ads for the Pennsylvania midterms on YouTube last year all the time.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

kphoger

Kevin the Hamster

Monty the Penguin
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kirbykart

I once saw an advertisement and one of the things they said was "not one, not three, but two..."

kphoger

Quote from: kirbykart on April 24, 2023, 11:30:19 AM
I once saw an advertisement and one of the things they said was "not one, not three, but two..."

Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.  Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.  Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.  Five is right out.
Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

I'm still not sure how either of these sold me on the original Zelda game on NES:

jp the roadgeek

This Air Bnb one drives me CRAZY
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.