News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Exit numbers: Distance based number or sequential?

Started by WolfGuy100, February 14, 2011, 08:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mapman1071

Quote from: J N Winkler on March 29, 2011, 09:12:38 PM
I believe the MUTCD advises fixing the zero point for mileposting and distance-based exit numbering at the start of route or entry point in a state (as applies), but I am not sure this guideline has been elevated to a Standard.  Depending in part on whether it has or not, oddities like I-17 in Arizona with its zero point at (approximately) MP 184 are likely to persist.
I-17 First Mile is 194

Scott5114

Originally the exit numbers on 3dis in Oklahoma (in Tulsa, anyway, no idea if OKC did the same thing) would start with the same numbering that the parent highway had at their junction! That means that I-244 inherited I-44's exit numbering, starting at 92, and dinky little I-444 had exits 94A—D and 96A—C! (One 94D sign hung around on I-444 long after this system was abandoned and the other exit numbers removed.)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.