News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

US 330

Started by bugo, December 13, 2014, 07:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Does anybody have a map showing the entire route of US 330? Dale Sanderson's excellent US ends site shows the beginnings and ends of it, but doesn't show much in between the endpoints. In lieu of an original map, could somebody make a Google map of it or give driving directions?

I'd like to see the same for US 430. The old x30s fascinate me for some reason.

Revive 755

Try IDOT's map collection (which does not seem to work in firefox anymore).  The 1928 map appears to be the first with US 330 and US 430.  The 1931 map has US 430 demoted to IL 430, but the 1932 map has it back as US 430.  The 1934 map has US 330 replacing US 430, while the 1937 map has IL 31 taking over the north-south portion parallel to the Fox River, and the 1938 map has US 330 making it all the way out to Dixon.  The 1942 map has US 330 being replaced by ALT 30.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

SEWIGuy

That map shows US-41 NB crossing from IN to IL, back into IN again, before heading into IL for good.

I'm assuming that is just an error.

Brandon

Quote from: SEWIGuy on December 15, 2014, 10:36:07 AM
That map shows US-41 NB crossing from IN to IL, back into IN again, before heading into IL for good.

I'm assuming that is just an error.

I also believe it's just an error.  As far as I know, US-41 went up Indianapolis Boulevard, cut across to Calumet Avenue, and then rejoining Indianapolis Boulevard near Lake Michigan before crossing into Illinois with US-12 and US-20.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.