News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

US 41 in Appleton, Menasha and Neenah, Wisconsin

Started by bugo, April 02, 2015, 06:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milwaukee, WY

It would be nice if some of the Balkanized suburbs around Milwaukee combined services like the Fox Valley cities do. The only cooperation of note is the north shore fire department. I know there was some talk of a south metro fire department combining Greenfield, Franklin, Oak Creek, and West Allis, but it went nowhere.

mgk920

Quote from: Milwaukee, WY on May 27, 2015, 12:04:44 AM
It would be nice if some of the Balkanized suburbs around Milwaukee combined services like the Fox Valley cities do. The only cooperation of note is the north shore fire department. I know there was some talk of a south metro fire department combining Greenfield, Franklin, Oak Creek, and West Allis, but it went nowhere.

Doesn't the Village of West Milwaukee buy their fire service from the City of Milwaukee?

Mike

Milwaukee, WY

Quote from: mgk920 on May 27, 2015, 12:23:31 PM
Quote from: Milwaukee, WY on May 27, 2015, 12:04:44 AM

Doesn't the Village of West Milwaukee buy their fire service from the City of Milwaukee?

Mike

You're right. Forgot about that one.

peterj920

I grew up in Brillion and was always annoyed with US 10 when driving to Appleton.  In 2006 the curves were flattened around Forest Jct.  At the PIM, I asked if there were any plans to make US 10 4 lanes, and they said if there were plans in the future, that flattening project would be a waste of money.  There is a study of WIS 114 to make it 4 lanes between US 10 and Sherwood since that area continues to grow.  Improvements are being studied on Onedia St and the current 4 lane segment of US 10.  It was on the WisDOT website, but has since been removed so I don't know if it's still being pursued.

mgk920

Quote from: peterj920 on May 29, 2015, 01:14:36 AM
I grew up in Brillion and was always annoyed with US 10 when driving to Appleton.  In 2006 the curves were flattened around Forest Jct.  At the PIM, I asked if there were any plans to make US 10 4 lanes, and they said if there were plans in the future, that flattening project would be a waste of money.  There is a study of WIS 114 to make it 4 lanes between US 10 and Sherwood since that area continues to grow.  Improvements are being studied on Onedia St and the current 4 lane segment of US 10.  It was on the WisDOT website, but has since been removed so I don't know if it's still being pursued.

Over the past several years, I've been pushing WisDOT to begin planning for a full reroute of US 10 to have it run eastward from WI 441 in Appleton along County 'CE" to the curve southeast of Kaukauna, then countinue cross-country on a new ROW past Hollandtown to the curve on the NE edge of Forest Junction.

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.