News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Hawthorn Woods mayor ready to go 'Tiananmen Square' over Route 53 plan

Started by Brandon, May 11, 2015, 06:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete from Boston

Quote from: Molandfreak on June 07, 2015, 12:26:14 AM
QuoteThe bridge would divide our town into two parts, and create a visual impact to a large number of homes in Hawthorn Woods and our neighboring municipalities
So you think that a bunch of weed-infested trash land in the middle of town isn't an eyesore, but a freeway with modern design would be? Your definition of 'visual impact' is significantly flawed, mayor.

At risk of sounding like I'm defending an idiot, why are these the only two possible outcomes?

Molandfreak

Quote from: Pete from Boston on June 07, 2015, 10:03:20 AM

QuoteThe bridge would divide our town into two parts, and create a visual impact to a large number of homes in Hawthorn Woods and our neighboring municipalities
So you think that a bunch of weed-infested trash land in the middle of town isn't an eyesore, but a freeway with modern design would be? Your definition of 'visual impact' is significantly flawed, mayor.

At risk of sounding like I'm defending an idiot, why are these the only two possible outcomes?
They technically aren't, but IDOT isn't going to do anything else with that land and they've had a gigantic eyesore of overgrowth in the middle of town for 30 years now.

iPhone
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Considering Rauner is going to close the state museum and probably state parks I don't see it being anything else. The real risk is that he starts thinking it will cost the state money. Unlike the Illiana  it shouldn't and I think his head of IDOT likes this project so we should get this and the Elgin Ohare -Oh and half a Macomb bypass but don't expect much else . Madigan considers Capital Bills as his gift to good govs and so far in the last 2 decades only George Ryan and Pat Quinn pleased him enough

I-39

Quote from: 3467 on June 08, 2015, 09:44:45 PM
Considering Rauner is going to close the state museum and probably state parks I don't see it being anything else. The real risk is that he starts thinking it will cost the state money. Unlike the Illiana  it shouldn't and I think his head of IDOT likes this project so we should get this and the Elgin Ohare -Oh and half a Macomb bypass but don't expect much else . Madigan considers Capital Bills as his gift to good govs and so far in the last 2 decades only George Ryan and Pat Quinn pleased him enough

That's just it. Madigan can't be running things like that. He needs to go.

I kind of hope Rauner's new appointments tell the tollway to revise it to a standard six lane tollway, the four lane tolled parkway that is on the table now is not adequate, and I think most of the public agrees.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: Molandfreak on June 08, 2015, 07:24:19 PM
Quote from: Pete from Boston on June 07, 2015, 10:03:20 AM

They technically aren't, but IDOT isn't going to do anything else with that land and they've had a gigantic eyesore of overgrowth in the middle of town for 30 years now.
]

Is that how the locals feel about it?

tribar

Just build the damn thing!  Can't this idiot just be overthrown from office. 

noelbotevera

Impeach this guy and condemn him to life in prison or death row with an unformal execution. It shows you how bad this mayor is.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

kkt

Quote from: noelbotevera on June 09, 2015, 01:25:04 AM
Impeach this guy and condemn him to life in prison or death row with an unformal execution. It shows you how bad this mayor is.

In an impeachment, the only penalty is removal from office.  A prison sentence would have to follow a new trial, in criminal court.

dietermoreno

So is the mayor actually an obstacle to constructing the project if he can just be arrested for trespassing?  No right?  So nothing to worry about?

dave069

I'm also hoping for a 6 lane interstate-grade highway. It would be much more helpful for traffic congestion than a parkway.

dietermoreno

Quote from: dave069 on June 26, 2015, 07:15:29 PM
I'm also hoping for a 6 lane interstate-grade highway. It would be much more helpful for traffic congestion than a parkway.

One of the alternatives does leave right of way to six-lane the parkway, but how the six-laning will be carried out is the point of debate.

Some of the proposals for the six lane parkway that have been discussed by the brac so far:

(1) 3 general purpose lanes in each direction with no inner shoulder with a speed limit of 45 mph,

(2) 2 general purpose lanes in each direction with a wide inner shoulder for Pace bus-on-shoulders program with a speed limit of 60 mph,

(3) 2 general purpose lanes in each direction with an HOV lane in each direction and no inner shoulder with a speed limit of 45 mph,

(4) idea (1) or (3) + an inner shoulder with a speed limit of 60 mph.

It has been proposed that the speed limit be 60 mph from Lake Cook to IL 22, and then reduce speed to the no-shoulders parkway with a speed limit of 45 mph to the north of IL 22.

iBallasticwolf2

If I was in charge of this I would plan a 6 lane interstate grade freeway with an extra HOV lane in each direction. I would make sure there would be no exits within the Hawthorn Woods city limits.
Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

dietermoreno

Quote from: iBallasticwolf2 on June 27, 2015, 06:22:06 PM
I would make sure there would be no exits within the Hawthorn Woods city limits.

Lake Zurich and Mundelein should not be punished for Hawthorn Woods's idiocy though.  If you take away the Rt 22 interchange and the Midlothian Rd interchange, the next interchange is Peterson Rd - no exits for 11 miles.

Long Grove wants a stop light or a round about at Rt 22, and that will be completely unacceptable for the plan for the parkway to start out as 6 lanes at 60 mph speed limit until Rt 22.  Therefore, building a stop light or a round about at Rt 22 is completely unacceptable and Long Grove can go Tiananmen Square too if they want and then we'll put another mayor in jail.

iBallasticwolf2

Quote from: dietermoreno on June 27, 2015, 07:01:09 PM
Quote from: iBallasticwolf2 on June 27, 2015, 06:22:06 PM
I would make sure there would be no exits within the Hawthorn Woods city limits.

Lake Zurich and Mundelein should not be punished for Hawthorn Woods's idiocy though.  If you take away the Rt 22 interchange and the Midlothian Rd interchange, the next interchange is Peterson Rd - no exits for 11 miles.

Long Grove wants a stop light or a round about at Rt 22, and that will be completely unacceptable for the plan for the parkway to start out as 6 lanes at 60 mph speed limit until Rt 22.  Therefore, building a stop light or a round about at Rt 22 is completely unacceptable and Long Grove can go Tiananmen Square too if they want and then we'll put another mayor in jail.

Route 22 isn't technically in the city limits. At least according to this- https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Hawthorn+Woods,+IL,+USA/@42.241027,-88.0675794,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x880f988395ecc363:0xe3e496b7f0ba0516
Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.