News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

MDOT to hold public meetings regarding I-94 widening in Detroit

Started by airforceguy, January 15, 2010, 04:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airforceguy

MDOT will be holding public meetings regarding the planned widening of I-94 between I-96 and Conner. The meeting for the eastside will be on Jan 19th at the eastern campus of WCC on Conner. The meeting for Midtown will be held on Jan 28th at the Cathedral Church of St. Paul on Woodward. Apparently, MDOT has some good news regarding the Van Dyke and Gratiot Avenue bridges crossing this corridor. I know last year MDOT applied to get federal stimulus funds to rebuild these two bridges, so maybe MDOT got the money. Here's a link to the press release. http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,1607,7-151-9620-229777--,00.html

thenetwork

tvketchum

Alps

It means that the exit has a sharp curve ahead, so the markings are designed to visually a) narrow the lane (via side stripes) and b) make you feel like you're going faster and faster (via the chevrons).  M- has a lot of those, and having seen them debuted in a presentation on safety not too long ago and then seeing them in action in M-, it was kinda neat.  Didn't do much for me because I knew they were coming, though.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.