News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Barriers being considered for I-65 in central Kentucky

Started by codyg1985, June 30, 2010, 07:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

codyg1985

Kentucky is considering installing additional concrete barriers along I-65 between Elizabethtown and the Louie Nunn Pkwy. This is in response to the deadly collision that resulted in 11 deaths in March.

Eventually, the interstate will be widenened to 3 lanes in each direction with a permanent concrete barrier similar to I-65 through Bowling Green.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

tvketchum

I 65 has been long overdue for widening on this stretch. It is woefully inadequate in its current state to handle the traffic.

Its = possessive, It's = it is.

ShawnP

Looks like a five mile stretch going out to bid in October from the Louie Nunn to Exit 48. Going to be a slow process but the horrific accidents in this stretch have caught the eye of the Commonwealth and the politicians.

hbelkins

Quote from: ShawnP on August 22, 2010, 08:48:46 PM
Looks like a five mile stretch going out to bid in October from the Louie Nunn to Exit 48. Going to be a slow process but the horrific accidents in this stretch have caught the eye of the Commonwealth and the politicians.

The planned widenings in this area have nothing to do with the wrecks. They have been planned for quite some time.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

ShawnP

I know there have been plans for over a decade. However the accidents have moved this long term project higher up on the food chain for scarce funds. With the latest funding it will be down to 43 miles left in the six laning project. I do think by 2020 this project will be close to being done.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.