News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Lawrenceville GA to Little Rock (yawn)

Started by Tom958, April 20, 2014, 09:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom958

Well, it appears that my much-hoped-for road trip to Pittsburgh won't happen. :( Instead, I'm told I'll need to go to Little Rock for a day or two. i don't think there's a less interesting prospect for eight hour roadtrip from my house. :(

One thing I was wondering, though: I was thinking seriously of warning the others in my organization who'll be going there about the I-55-Crump Blvd. interchange in Memphis. I'm enough of a roadgeek to drive through it almost no matter what, but the thought of a vanfull of Mexicans going through it in the rain makes me cringe. I plan to make a diagram in Spanish explaining how and why to use I-240 and I-40 to avoid it.

Also, has construction on the roundabout interchange started yet?

Again, I'll be taking my company van, so there are limits to how much I can wander. However, I did find an alternate route that's 25 miles shorter but 43 minutes longer: Interstates, Windy Hill Road and GA 360 to Dallas, GA; US 278 to Cullman, AL; AL 157 to Muscle Shoals, US 72 to Memphis. I may go or return that way if timing and weather are favorable.

Is there anything interesting along the way that I should look for, or photograph?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.