News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Tolling I-440

Started by US71, September 25, 2012, 09:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

http://www.arkansashighways.com/consultant_services/advertisements/ad_fy2012/North%20Belt%20Toll%20Feasibility_RFLOI_WEB.pdf

AHTD is conducting a feasibility study for tolling AR 440 (Future I-440)/ North Belt Expressway from US 67, west to I-40.

Arkansas seems really enthusiastic about toll roads all of a sudden.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bugo

It won't get any traffic.  Cars will just use 67 to 40 to avoid the toll.

US71

Quote from: bugo on September 25, 2012, 09:55:48 AM
It won't get any traffic.  Cars will just use 67 to 40 to avoid the toll.

Truckers might use it, or people in a hurry. I might use it once just to see what it's like (and get some photos).   :nod:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Alex

Quote from: US71 on September 25, 2012, 10:27:03 AM

I might use it once just to see what it's like (and get some photos).   :nod:

That is my logic for all new toll roads.

NE2

Amusingly, TIGER typoed the current part of Highway 440 as "North Belt Feeway". This shows up on the Goog and (until now) OSM.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Road Hog

Quote from: US71 on September 25, 2012, 09:02:19 AM
http://www.arkansashighways.com/consultant_services/advertisements/ad_fy2012/North%20Belt%20Toll%20Feasibility_RFLOI_WEB.pdf

AHTD is conducting a feasibility study for tolling AR 440 (Future I-440)/ North Belt Expressway from US 67, west to I-40.

Arkansas seems really enthusiastic about toll roads all of a sudden.

The population due north of Little Rock isn't there to support a toll road. Maybe a few from the back ends of Sherwood and Jacksonville who work in west Little Rock.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.