News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AR Highway 612

Started by US71, December 15, 2017, 10:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Quote from: Arkansastravelguy on February 05, 2018, 09:47:29 PM

Not open yet, from the looks of it months away

iPhone

As early as April, weather permitting
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bjrush

Those are some majestic signs!
Woo Pig Sooie

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on February 05, 2018, 10:01:38 PM

iPhone

As early as April, weather permitting
Hey, it's Highway Gothic!
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

US71

As of today, all the 612 signs are covered up

US71

Ribbon Cutting will be April 18, though the road may not open to the public.

http://5newsonline.com/2018/04/02/springdale-northern-bypass-opening-soon/

Henry

That's quite a strange announcement, to open a road and not let traffic on any part of it. Whatever happened to delaying the road's opening until it is actually ready to be driven on?
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

US71

Quote from: Henry on April 03, 2018, 09:56:31 AM
That's quite a strange announcement, to open a road and not let traffic on any part of it. Whatever happened to delaying the road's opening until it is actually ready to be driven on?

My guess is after it's dedicated, XNA will start building their access road (which is part of the reason this section was built first). I'm hoping to go to the dedication, so maybe I'll get some answers there.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

iPhone
Wait. I miss this? Series EM on overhead signage, but Clearview on roadside guide sign? Why not replace both at the same time! :banghead:
I never knew the two could coexist peacefully! :pan:

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on April 03, 2018, 11:11:28 AM

Wait. I miss this? Series EM on overhead signage, but Clearview on roadside guide sign? Why not replace both at the same time! :banghead:
I never knew the two could coexist peacefully! :pan:

I believe the stand alone sign has since been removed.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Anyone know the job number for those signs? I would like to find Arkansas' standards for FHWA Series fonts.

iPhone

The Ghostbuster

Are there any dates on when the other segments of the AR 612 (future US 412) Springdale Bypass will be constructed?

US71

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on April 05, 2018, 04:45:15 PM
Are there any dates on when the other segments of the AR 612 (future US 412) Springdale Bypass will be constructed?

When they have the money.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on April 05, 2018, 04:54:41 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on April 05, 2018, 04:45:15 PM

When they have the money.
This is true in "˜The Naturally Poor State'! :nod:

iPhone

US71

If anyone is in the vicinity, AR 612 will be dedicated tomorrow. http://arkansashighways.com/news/2018/NR%2018-109.pdf  :sleep:

US71

The ribbon has been cut, but it will likely be April 30 before the road officially opens. I was also asked to remind everyone "No bicycles"  :)

SM-G930V

seicer

Is there a map of this project?

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: seicer on April 18, 2018, 02:02:37 PM
A job map? I can likely find one. Just need to find the jerb number.

US71

bugo

I noticed that on the picture you posted on Instagram, the signs at (what I guess is) the end of the offramp from WB 612/Future 412 has signs pointing towards AR 112 north and south and a sign that says "TO" AR 612 west. Why is AR 612 west mentioned when the highway ends there? Or am I missing somethng?

US71

Quote from: bugo on April 18, 2018, 08:06:17 PM
I noticed that on the picture you posted on Instagram, the signs at (what I guess is) the end of the offramp from WB 612/Future 412 has signs pointing towards AR 112 north and south and a sign that says "TO" AR 612 west. Why is AR 612 west mentioned when the highway ends there? Or am I missing somethng?

I suspect it's a contractor error, maybe an error in the specs. Just to the south, there is a sign South AR 112 / TO West US 412. ARDOT needs to hire me to find all the sign errors ;)

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on April 18, 2018, 08:33:08 PM
Quote from: bugo on April 18, 2018, 08:06:17 PM

I suspect it's a contractor error, maybe an error in the specs. Just to the south, there is a sign South AR 112 / TO West US 412. ARDOT needs to hire me to find all the sign errors ;)
I'd agree!

robbones

Will the current US 412 become US 412B when the bypass is completed?

LGL164VL

US71

Quote from: seicer on April 19, 2018, 10:10:29 PM
Quote from: US71 on April 18, 2018, 07:06:10 PM
Quote from: seicer on April 18, 2018, 02:02:37 PM

http://www.arkansashighways.com/environmental/environmental_studies/001966/Maps/001966_2008.05.25_DPH_Disp_Cou.pdf

Circa 2006 (note I-540)

Thanks! What part will be tolled? East of I-49?

Only the XNA access road.

As far as current 412 becoming 412B at some future point, it wouldn't surprise me, but you're looking at several years down the road.

bugo

Quote from: robbones on April 19, 2018, 10:02:06 PM
Will the current US 412 become US 412B when the bypass is completed?
LGL164VL

I guarantee they will. Unless they change their policy on business routes. When a bypass of a town is built in Arkansas, the old route typically becomes as a business route. The interchanges on each end of the bypass will flow directly into the business route and the business route will be easily reached by the mainline.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.