News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Tolls on Nicolls Road (CR 97)

Started by dgolub, April 01, 2020, 08:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgolub

The Suffolk County Department of Public Works has recently announced that it will upgrading Nicolls Road (CR 97) to a full expressway, replacing the remaining traffic lights with grade-separated interchanges. In order to finance the project, tolls will be charged to all motorists travelling on the new expressway using cashless tolling gantries at entrances and exits. The amount of the toll will be five cents per exit, allowing the road to finally live up to its name as one where nickels are collected.

seicer

CtrlAltDel

Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

vdeane

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on April 01, 2020, 08:46:53 PM
Quote from: seicer on April 01, 2020, 08:36:49 PM
Source?

I'm sure the date is a factor behind this announcement.
Especially given that pun at the end.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

seicer

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.