AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 on: Today at 09:33:28 PM 
Started by jbnv - Last post by oscar
West St. => South Twenty-Fifth Street (Arlington VA), photo previously played for King St.:

on: Today at 09:32:35 PM 
Started by Roadgeekteen - Last post by Roadgeekteen
Snow makes me money, so of course I love it!
What is your job?

on: Today at 09:31:42 PM 
Started by MaxConcrete - Last post by MaxConcrete
(New thread started since the previous thread is mostly off-topic)

The major corridor study is being launched. See item 0000003234 at the site below
http://www.txdot.gov/business/consultants/architectural-engineering-surveying/advertised-contracts.html

This document has some details on the alternatives to be studied.
http://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot/ppd/103017/pre-rfq-presentation.pdf

The removal option is especially severe, since it turns IH 45 into a boulevard south of IH 30 with no connection to IH 30. This would be a disaster, and is poison pill for that option as shown in the document.

That leaves the below-grade option, which also removes the elevated structure south of IH 30. This will be very expensive.

on: Today at 09:30:04 PM 
Started by bugo - Last post by Roadgeekteen
Anyone going to revive the 1864 thread so these "in the year" threads all get back on the short list for thread locks?
I that it was quietly locked a while ago.

on: Today at 09:29:15 PM 
Started by Roadgeekteen - Last post by bing101
I'm originally from the Bay Area. I was there for the  1989 Loma Prieta Quake and the 2014 American Canyon Quake. The quake has the feel of a shaker in the 2014 quake and more intense in the 1989 quake. the ground shakes hard though. But I was on Bedrock in both quakes and was on higher ground.  Somehow the houses I lived in at the time managed to stay in place due to how the house was made and that it was in BedRock.

But if you live on Bay Mud on the San Pablo Bay or San Francisco Bay then its 100x worse than what I went through if You are in Mare Island, West Oakland or Marina District of the Bay Area.

on: Today at 09:26:43 PM 
Started by jbnv - Last post by Roadgeekteen
Norwood >> Depauw (Muncie, IN)

Leet strats: note that I avoid streets that end with D, K, R, T, N, E, X, and Y.  D, K, R, and T really aren't necessary but I just feel like there are many more names that end with those letters, compared to names that start with those letters.  I actively search for names ending in B, C, F, and P, since they're rare and there's a ton of names that start with them.  I think we definitely want to avoid N, E, X, and Y, though.

IMG_0631 by Paul Drives, on Flickr
Depauw-west

on: Today at 09:24:03 PM 

from wikiwand

on: Today at 09:22:38 PM 
I am wondering what a big earthquake feels like. I think that a member from the west coast could answer this.

on: Today at 09:22:28 PM 
Started by Roadgeekteen - Last post by jeffandnicole
Snow makes me money, so of course I love it!

on: Today at 09:21:10 PM 
Started by wriddle082 - Last post by PColumbus73
I traveled several part of these roads! Like the 378 bypass around Lake City and the Graham Freeway in Sumter. It looks like they showed the blue drawbridge in Myrtle Beach as well. Very fascinating!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.