News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Update on I-69 Extension i...
Last post by ITB - Today at 03:44:52 PM
Here's a few recent screengrabs from INDOT traffic cameras:

INDOT Traffic Camera
Last night the deck pour for the I-465W to I-69S flyover took place. Two pumper trucks with extended arm capabilities were utilized.

INDOT Traffic Camera
Zoomed in shot looking east toward I-465 from the Mann Road camera. Yesterday, the paving operation at work on the far left lane and shoulder of the future eastbound lanes (foreground, right) had to stop short prior to finishing the strip because something wasn't quite right with an area of the roadbed. That area was again worked on and paving probably resumed today.

INDOT Traffic Camera
Looking west toward I-465 and the bridge over Bluff Road. In the deep background right, the I-465W to I-69S flyover can be discerned. This image, as well as the one above, depict the work underway to complete the eastbound roadway between this point and Mann Road, about three miles west. As has been noted previously, westbound traffic will be transitioned to the new pavement, allowing reconstruction and widening of the westbound lanes and bridges to proceed.

INDOT Traffic Camera
To the south, north of the Southport Road interchange, grading work is nearly complete on the small section where the temporary southbound exit ramp to Southport Road had been located. In all likelihood this will be paved up in May.

Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by WillWeaverRVA - Today at 03:37:32 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on Today at 03:02:23 PMhttps://maps.app.goo.gl/Ey7BkiFK7tCazopP8
It still works for me.

If you try to advance to the point where the road ends on the map, it won't let you go further.
Quote from: hbelkins on Today at 03:14:35 PMI got an email that I had received a personal message, but I don't see the option on the home page to access it. There used to be a "My Messages" notification on the home screen, but it's not there now.

On my screen it's directly above the AARoads Forum logo. I haven't received a PM since the forum redesign, so I don't know whether there's still a pop-up notification, but the most direct way to access the messages is almost certainly via the link located above the logo. I assume if you have a message it'll display the number of new messages to the right of that link in a blue circle. The reason I assume that is because at the moment, mine is showing a blue circle with a "1" next to the "Alerts" link, so I'd guess the PMs work the same way.
Last post by Max Rockatansky - Today at 03:22:20 PM
Quote from: kalvado on Today at 02:57:28 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on Today at 02:05:06 PMNot sure what the point of removing the images is?  The bridge did in fact exist and the right of way seemingly will be reused.
Not sure what the point of keeping the images would be?  The bridge no longer exist and images have no value except for historic and nostalgia - hence useless for most maps users. .

And how is that ultimately different than like images of the countless number of bridges that have been replaced since GSV started?  I was just using old GSV images the other day to look at components of a bridge which was razed in 2014.  Given I was writing an article about said crossing it certainly had value to me.
Quote from: hbelkins on Today at 03:14:35 PMI got an email that I had received a personal message, but I don't see the option on the home page to access it. There used to be a "My Messages" notification on the home screen, but it's not there now.

Top of the screen near the left for me.
I got an email that I had received a personal message, but I don't see the option on the home page to access it. There used to be a "My Messages" notification on the home screen, but it's not there now.
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 03:02:23 PM
Southeast / Re: Florida
Last post by ElishaGOtis - Today at 02:58:29 PM
Quote from: Alex on April 24, 2024, 01:51:38 PMFollowing over six and half years of construction, the Gateway Expressway (SR 686A/690) in Pinellas is finally set to open this Friday!

QuoteAccording to the Florida Department of Transportation, the new toll roads and I-275 Express Lanes are expected to open to traffic on Friday, April 26.

The Gateway Expressway not only connects U.S. 19 and I-275 but also directly connects the Bayside Bridge — north of 49th Street N. — to I-275.

Opened today as planned! Just clinched 686A headed "westbound." I'll get some pictures soon.

IMHO it's an EXTREMELY impressive project overall, lots of room for future expansion.

Quote from: roadman65 on April 25, 2024, 06:42:24 PMhttps://fdot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/basic/index.html?appid=3b2f9ae3594343d8aa0aa74cf569a5bf
Pensacola construction on I-10 at US 29 starts.

Did they make the speed limit 50MPH again? :crazy:

Quote from: D-Dey65 on April 25, 2024, 10:34:23 AM
Quote from: ElishaGOtis on April 23, 2024, 01:59:57 PM
Quote from: D-Dey65 on April 22, 2024, 03:19:56 PM
Quote from: NE2 on April 04, 2024, 01:35:00 PM
Quote from: formulanone on April 04, 2024, 08:47:03 AMThis is the first reference to SR 516 that I've seen...is it part of a proposed beltway for Clermont or just a connector between US 27 and SR 429? Seems to be a puzzling location for now.
Just a connector. US 27 has gone to shit and there are no good connections to 429 between 192 and 50.
This is why US 27 should be upgraded into a limited-access highway at least between US 192 and 50, instead of building all the other crap they're building around there. I'd almost consider extending the upgrade to I-4.

IMHO, if anything is in need of an upgrade, it's US-27 south of I-4 and north of the new Toll 516 connector. It appears that your proposal would do a similar job to what 516, 429, and I-4 express will do, provided that they work properly in tandem. What do you think? :hmmm:
That wouldn't be such a bad idea either, although I'm not sure how far south the upgrade should go. I'd be willing to consider as far south as SR 60. South of that, while there's certainly some suburban sprawl, I'm not sure the traffic gets bad enough to require turning the road into a limited-access highway.

Maybe could be useful for hurricane evacuation?
Last post by kalvado - Today at 02:57:28 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on Today at 02:05:06 PMNot sure what the point of removing the images is?  The bridge did in fact exist and the right of way seemingly will be reused.
Not sure what the point of keeping the images would be?  The bridge no longer exist and images have no value except for historic and nostalgia - hence useless for most maps users. .
Pacific Southwest / Re: California
Last post by cl94 - Today at 02:53:34 PM
Yeah, saw that this morning. Everything else is opening on schedule, figured those would as well unless there's a freak late storm.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.