News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn dies (San Diego Padres)

Started by bing101, June 16, 2014, 04:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11091626/hall-famer-tony-gwynn-san-diego-padres-died

"He died early Monday morning at Pomerado Hospital in Poway, California, while surrounded by his family, the Baseball Hall of Fame announced.
"Major League Baseball today mourns the tragic loss of Tony Gwynn," commissioner Bud Selig said in a statement Monday. "The greatest Padre ever and one of the most accomplished hitters that our game has ever known, whose all-around excellence on the field was surpassed by his exuberant personality and genial disposition in life."

amroad17

This incredible ballplayer and human being retired with the highest batting average since Ted Williams retired in 1960--.338.  Since 1960, only Williams (.344), Gwynn, Stan Musial (.331), Rod Carew (.328), and Wade Boggs (.325) have retired with batting averages above .325.

R.I.P. Tony Gwynn :-(
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

bugo

This should serve as a dire warning to anybody who uses dip or chewing tobacco.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.