AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Password Issue Or Possibly An Email Issue  (Read 7811 times)

slorydn1

• If I pass you on the right, you're doing it wrong.

• Last Login: April 26, 2023, 04:25:13 PM
Password Issue Or Possibly An Email Issue
« on: February 02, 2015, 10:46:29 PM »

Gentleman,

I apparently either have an issue with my password (meaning that I have forgotten what it was, LOL) :banghead: or it has been so long since I have registered here that I have changed my email address since then and I am not receiving the email that starts the password reset process.

I have dabbled with road related topics before, mostly on the old style email/message board type sites back in the late 90's early 2000's, back in the dial-up internet days. I now spend most of my online time moderating at 2 non-competing forums (car related-not sure If I am allowed to mention the name of them here), and I honestly don't really remember registering here before, but I may have and just not remembered doing it.

But, I guess I must have, because when I tried to register last week before embarking on my latest road trip I was informed by the software that my real username (Slorydn1) was already taken.

Between early last week and today I must have clicked on the "forgot my password" link 6 or 7 times and I have not received an email.

Which leads me to the other possible cause to this problem:

If I registered pre-2004 (yeah, that long ago) my email address would have been slorydn1@cconnect.net which wouldn't be any good anymore, that was my dial up email address. After that, when I switched to high speed internet, my address would have been slorydn1@cox.net until approximately 2007-2008 when Suddenlink took over the cable franchise in my area (New Bern NC) at which time my email address automatically converted to slorydn1@suddenlink.net. I did have a Hotmail address at one time in my life as a "throw away" address to register for various things so all the spam generated from that would be sent there instead of clogging up my real email inbox-but I never used that as an address for forum registrations because I like it when friends are able to get up with me! :)

I probably could have side stepped most of this just by re-registering with a different username but I didn't want to do that as the other forums I belong to have rules against that sort of thing and I am making the assumption that would be the same here too, right?

I am truly sorry for being so long winded on this topic, but I wanted to be able to pass along whatever info that I had that may help you with assisting me with this problem.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide,

RichG (aka Slorydn1)
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

• Last Login: April 26, 2021, 12:13:44 PM
Re: Password Issue Or Possibly An Email Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 11:01:23 PM »

I probably could have side stepped most of this just by re-registering with a different username but I didn't want to do that as the other forums I belong to have rules against that sort of thing and I am making the assumption that would be the same here too, right?

It would be, under normal circumstances, but we can make exceptions.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

rickmastfan67

• The Invisible One

• I want I-67 in PA!!!!

• Last Login: March 16, 2024, 01:05:30 AM
Re: Password Issue Or Possibly An Email Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 11:25:06 PM »

Hello RichG,

I have confirmed that the e-mail address you used to make this post and the e-mail attached to the 'slorydn1' account are the same.

If you want me to manually reset your password on the 'slorydn1' account, let me know here, and I'll personally send you an e-mail with a new temporary password to allow you to access the account once again.

-rickmastfan67

(BTW, you registered the account back on March 26, 2012.)

slorydn1

• If I pass you on the right, you're doing it wrong.

• Last Login: April 26, 2023, 04:25:13 PM
Please reset my password
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 12:03:13 AM »

Hello RichG,

I have confirmed that the e-mail address you used to make this post and the e-mail attached to the 'slorydn1' account are the same.

If you want me to manually reset your password on the 'slorydn1' account, let me know here, and I'll personally send you an e-mail with a new temporary password to allow you to access the account once again.

-rickmastfan67

Yes, please, I would like that very much. Sorry for starting a new thread with my response, I didn't see a "post reply button" on the other thread to insert it there.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

rickmastfan67

• The Invisible One

• I want I-67 in PA!!!!

• Last Login: March 16, 2024, 01:05:30 AM
Re: Please reset my password
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 02:35:26 AM »

Hello RichG,

-rickmastfan67

Yes, please, I would like that very much. Sorry for starting a new thread with my response, I didn't see a "post reply button" on the other thread to insert it there.

I tried to send you an e-mail with a new password, but I got an e-mail back right away saying that it was rejected.

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
 The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
 each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <********@vzw.blackberry.net>
     Reason:    #5.1.0 Address rejected.

Seems your e-mail is auto redirected to the "vzw.blackberry.net" domain from suddenlink.net.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:42:05 AM by rickmastfan67 »

+ Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What does the abbreviation 'Ave.' stand for on road signs?:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.