News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

aaroads.com topics in 2064

Started by bugo, October 24, 2014, 07:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slorydn1

Its scary to think that I would be 95 years old and driving my vintage 50 year old 2014 Mustang GT 6 speed manual in 2064.....
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

kalvado

Quote from: slorydn1 on December 23, 2017, 05:36:06 AM
Its scary to think that I would be 95 years old and driving my vintage 50 year old 2014 Mustang GT 6 speed manual in 2064.....
Wow, you're optimistic!

kphoger

Quote from: kphoger on December 22, 2017, 01:39:31 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on December 22, 2017, 02:38:56 AM
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=2995.0

A lot of the images are broken though.

Well, there went my productivity at work today...

Quote from: vdeane on December 22, 2017, 09:45:37 PM
I think it's safe to say that reading that thread at work is not a good idea.  I had a hard time stifling my laughter.

Actually, I gave up after a few pages, skipped to the last one, and didn't really find more than one or two posts particularly funny.  It certainly ain't no A.lanland (where double negatives are required in all situations).
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

slorydn1

Quote from: kalvado on December 23, 2017, 11:31:33 AM
Quote from: slorydn1 on December 23, 2017, 05:36:06 AM
Wow, you're optimistic!

I have to be. The minute I quit, I'm dead.  :p
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

vdeane

Quote from: kphoger on December 23, 2017, 04:52:14 PM
Quote from: kphoger on December 22, 2017, 01:39:31 PM

Well, there went my productivity at work today...

Quote from: vdeane on December 22, 2017, 09:45:37 PM
I think it's safe to say that reading that thread at work is not a good idea.  I had a hard time stifling my laughter.

Actually, I gave up after a few pages, skipped to the last one, and didn't really find more than one or two posts particularly funny.  It certainly ain't no A.lanland (where double negatives are required in all situations).
It's more amusing if you keep thinking about the capital punishment in the back of your mind with every single post.  Although it doesn't need to be in the back of your mind when you're reading the post about the nightclub owner that was burned at the stake.  And that one was by the OP!

Listening to one of the DUI attorney commercials on the radio today, I thought "if you get arrested by the road, be glad you're not in the Perkins Union where the officer will blow your brains out for all the passing motorists to see".                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

jakeroot

Many of his signs are viewable through the documents he posted via his OneDrive (then called SkyDrive). The links start on page 6 (but several on this page, namely the first few, seem to be broken).

You'll need the Roadgeek 2005 fonts installed. Not using the font is punishable by death, I assume.

jakeroot

This will probably get me the electric chair, but here's some of PU's law-related signage:

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: jakeroot on December 24, 2017, 02:07:20 AM
This will probably get me the electric chair, but here's some of PU's law-related signage:

I actually like some of them so it's not in the fore for me.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

Scott5114

They're composed well as images, but the penalties are far out of line with the severity of the crimes. The vast majority of the time, nothing bad will happen if you blow by a pulled-over cop car at 70 mph, certainly nothing warranting prison.

I wonder what the penalty is for using a runaway truck ramp when not a runaway truck. Why were so many people using them that it had to be STRICTLY prohibited, anyhow?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 24, 2017, 03:50:11 AM
They're composed well as images, but the penalties are far out of line with the severity of the crimes.

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Takumi

Quote from: vdeane on December 23, 2017, 10:24:32 PM
It's more amusing if you keep thinking about the capital punishment in the back of your mind with every single post.  Although it doesn't need to be in the back of your mind when you're reading the post about the nightclub owner that was burned at the stake.  And that one was by the OP!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Yeah, a factory owner was also burned at the stake in another incident. Also the entire town not knowing they built their football field on an active volcano was very Alanlandish. But after page 5 or so it was pretty much just signage.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

kalvado

Quote from: Takumi on December 26, 2017, 11:03:36 AM
Yeah, a factory owner was also burned at the stake in another incident. Also the entire town not knowing they built their football field on an active volcano was very Alanlandish. But after page 5 or so it was pretty much just signage.
In fairness, that is not impossible - there was a case when volcano literally grew up in the middle of a field within hours.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Par%C3%ADcutin

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: kalvado on December 26, 2017, 11:36:17 AM
In fairness, that is not impossible - there was a case when volcano literally grew up in the middle of a field within hours.

I strongly suspect that that's what inspired the OP in the Perkins Union thread in the first place.

Takumi

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on December 26, 2017, 11:40:19 AM

I strongly suspect that that's what inspired the OP in the Perkins Union thread in the first place.
Yeah, same with the nightclub incident.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

kphoger

Quote from: Takumi on December 26, 2017, 11:54:07 AM
Quote from: MNHighwayMan on December 26, 2017, 11:40:19 AM

Yeah, same with the nightclub incident.

& Sheepgate.
Male pronouns, please.

kphoger

Wasn't sure where to post this, so here it is.

If you google "What is Alanland", Google gives you an answer from AARoads.  I want to try this with "Hey Google".

Quote from: Google
alanland is a place where people do not go out and work and leave home when they become an adult. Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it. Feb 27, 2015

What is Alanland? - AARoads
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=14902.0
Male pronouns, please.

jakeroot

Quote from: kphoger on December 26, 2017, 05:04:03 PM

If you google "What is Alanland", Google gives you an answer from AARoads.  I want to try this with "Hey Google".

Ha! That's great! I tried the "Hey Google" thing with my phone, and it reads it out just like in Google Search. But it does pronounce "Alanland" as "uh-LAN-land". :-D

Still trying to figure out who dropped the "winding road" comment. Sheryl Crow?

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: jakeroot on December 26, 2017, 05:36:52 PM

Ha! That's great! I tried the "Hey Google" thing with my phone, and it reads it out just like in Google Search. But it does pronounce "Alanland" as "uh-LAN-land". :-D

That's part of someone's forum signature here. Why Google relates that to Alanland, though, I can't answer...

jakeroot

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on December 26, 2017, 05:59:43 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on December 26, 2017, 05:36:52 PM

That's part of someone's forum signature here. Why Google relates that to Alanland, though, I can't answer...

Oh, I see it now, under roadman65's post. I guess the algorithm needs some work!

vdeane

Quote from: Takumi on December 26, 2017, 11:03:36 AM

And to think I thought SimCity 4's volcano disaster was unrealistic.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Hurricane Rex

AA roads topics x years into the future (I realize this can be cliché)
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

formulanone

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 24, 2017, 03:50:11 AM
They're composed well as images, but the penalties are far out of line with the severity of the crimes. The vast majority of the time, nothing bad will happen if you blow by a pulled-over cop car at 70 mph, certainly nothing warranting prison.

It depends on what falls out of your vehicle during the traffic stop.

Whoops...is that your sliced durian?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.