News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-90 rebuilding and widening

Started by bahnburner, September 08, 2015, 10:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

Message boards have appeared indicating that Central Road will be closing on September 25th - perhaps the new entrance ramp construct will start this year after all.

I-39

Quote from: Revive 755 on September 15, 2017, 09:31:21 PM
Message boards have appeared indicating that Central Road will be closing on September 25th - perhaps the new entrance ramp construct will start this year after all.

But can they get it done before the end of the year?

johndoe780

Does anyone know why there's a single street light that's about 15 ft high compared to the rest that are about 25 ft high on 90 just a bit West of Arlington heights rd

ILRoad55

Are there wires above or near the lamp? That's probably the reason why.

johndoe780

Quote from: ILRoad55 on September 21, 2017, 03:41:00 PM
Are there wires above or near the lamp? That's probably the reason why.

Nope

Jericho That

QuoteDoes anyone know why there's a single street light that's about 15 ft high compared to the rest that are about 25 ft high on 90 just a bit West of Arlington heights rd

Is there anything else taller in the immediate vicinity?  If not, it could be due to an O'Hare approach path.

johndoe780

Quote from: Jericho That on September 22, 2017, 08:17:23 AM
QuoteDoes anyone know why there's a single street light that's about 15 ft high compared to the rest that are about 25 ft high on 90 just a bit West of Arlington heights rd

Is there anything else taller in the immediate vicinity?  If not, it could be due to an O'Hare approach path.

Nope, don't think it's because of O'hare. It's just one single street light near mile marker 70.

Rick Powell

Quote from: johndoe780 on September 20, 2017, 11:44:43 PM
Does anyone know why there's a single street light that's about 15 ft high compared to the rest that are about 25 ft high on 90 just a bit West of Arlington heights rd

I think they installed a short one on purpose to see if anyone on the AARoads Midwest/Great Lakes forum noticed.

ChiMilNet

Quote from: Rick Powell on September 23, 2017, 12:50:54 AM
Quote from: johndoe780 on September 20, 2017, 11:44:43 PM

I think they installed a short one on purpose to see if anyone on the AARoads Midwest/Great Lakes forum noticed.

The tollway has a tendency to swap out light poles in spots here and there. Often, it seems when they do that, it's obviously not an exact match of the main installation in a spot. For example, the tollway normally uses truss style at probably about a 30 degree or so angle, but they might replace with a pole that has a truss at only a very slight angle from the ground. I am not too sure why they do that, but it seems to happen somewhat commonly, also with IDOT as well.

PurdueBill

I-71 just north of OH 303 has a similar single lower light pole among taller ones.  Replacement for a tall one that was knocked down.  Forces didn't worry about the design or height, just that it was a light pole.  It's very noticeable, especially at night.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.