News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

The 1-2-3 Road Sign CHALLENGE!!

Started by paulthemapguy, April 12, 2016, 10:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chays

Quote from: kphoger on December 06, 2017, 04:43:49 PM
OK, just to save everybody a fight, here's 1534.
Ripped from one of the Texas bikers' photostream.  Don't tell anyone.

I'm curious as to how you were able to get that photo, as their thread (http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9234&page=243) was throwing up 3rd party hosting errors.

kphoger

Quote from: chays on December 06, 2017, 05:31:30 PM
Quote from: kphoger on December 06, 2017, 04:43:49 PM
OK, just to save everybody a fight, here's 1534.
Ripped from one of the Texas bikers' photostream.  Don't tell anyone.
I'm curious as to how you were able to get that photo, as their thread (http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9234&page=243) was throwing up 3rd party hosting errors.

5th Amendment.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Ooh!  I just found a less illegal way of doing it!

1. Go to directly to user Buffalo's photobucket page.
2. Pray to the popup gods that you don't get sucked into an ad vortex.
3. Choose to view his pictures as a slideshow.
4. Scroll through the slideshow to find the one you want (fortunately, they're arranged numerically by route number).
5. Right-click on the full-size image and choose "Copy image address."
6. 3rd-party host it to AARoads as usual.

This is the result:

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

chays

Quote from: kphoger on December 06, 2017, 06:05:44 PM
Ooh!  I just found a less illegal way of doing it!

1. Go to directly to user Buffalo's photobucket page.
2. Pray to the popup gods that you don't get sucked into an ad vortex.
3. Choose to view his pictures as a slideshow.
4. Scroll through the slideshow to find the one you want (fortunately, they're arranged numerically by route number).
5. Right-click on the full-size image and choose "Copy image address."
6. 3rd-party host it to AARoads as usual.

This is the result:

Thank you!  I had started down that path before a few weeks back but was so turned off by the disaster that is Photobucket that I didn't pursue it much.  I didn't try the slideshow part, either.

I'm not sure if you've looked ahead, but it looks like the Texas bikers eventually captured ALL the FM/RM roads.  Pretty cool feat.

Eth

I'm confused. Isn't this exactly the error message you were trying to get around?

hotdogPi

Quote from: Eth on December 07, 2017, 08:38:05 AM

I'm confused. Isn't this exactly the error message you were trying to get around?

It showed correctly yesterday.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

chays

Well, moving on...here's one that we know won't get hosting errors since it is found on aaroads.com

FM-1535

hbelkins

Quote from: chays on December 06, 2017, 04:14:45 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on December 06, 2017, 10:59:50 AM
I have KY 1534 but will wait to see if someone plays something else.
Why wait?  Do you have a 1535 you'd rather submit instead?

No, I just wanted to give someone else a chance. I don't know if I have a 1535 or not.

I don't keep an inventory of what signs I've photographed. What I'm doing for this game, if I don't know off the top of my head whether or not I might have a photo, is to google "Kentucky State Route xxxx." Often, it will show up on Google Maps, and I can see if any of my travels have taken me by that route. I can then go to my online photos to see if I shot a picture of the route marker.

The next play is 1536. Googling "Kentucky State Route 1536" does not bring up a Google Maps link, but Wikipedia shows the route is in Calloway County. If I was bound and determined to post a KY 1536 sign, I might go to the official Calloway County map to see where the road is, and then check to see if I might have come across it. I have been in Calloway County (far western Kentucky) a couple of times this year so I might have a photo, but may or may not check, depending on if someone else posts a 1536.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

Quote from: hbelkins on December 07, 2017, 11:43:31 AM
The next play is 1536. Googling "Kentucky State Route 1536" does not bring up a Google Maps link, but Wikipedia shows the route is in Calloway County. If I was bound and determined to post a KY 1536 sign, I might go to the official Calloway County map to see where the road is, and then check to see if I might have come across it. I have been in Calloway County (far western Kentucky) a couple of times this year so I might have a photo, but may or may not check, depending on if someone else posts a 1536.

FYI...
Male pronouns, please.

chays

From Kentucky DOT photolog, KY-1536

okroads

kphoger

Quote from: okroads on December 08, 2017, 09:59:51 PM
TX 19 at FM 1537:

Eric:  How in the heck do I search for photos on your flickr page?
Male pronouns, please.

chays

chays

okroads

Quote from: kphoger on December 08, 2017, 10:57:10 PM
TX 19 at FM 1537:

I just learned this myself as I only knew how to search in my own photostream. Go to https://www.flickr.com/photos/okroads, then click on the magnifying glass just above the top right picture, and then the search bar on the top should display my name and photos. Then type in whatever you want to search for and hit Enter.

I am about 20,000 pictures behind in writing picture captions but most of my pictures should have captions written with highway numbers included.

chays

kphoger

Quote from: okroads on December 11, 2017, 10:36:12 PM
TX 19 at FM 1537:

I just learned this myself as I only knew how to search in my own photostream. Go to https://www.flickr.com/photos/okroads, then click on the magnifying glass just above the top right picture, and then the search bar on the top should display my name and photos. Then type in whatever you want to search for and hit Enter.

I am about 20,000 pictures behind in writing picture captions but most of my pictures should have captions written with highway numbers included.

Thank you so much!
Male pronouns, please.

formulanone

Quote from: kphoger on December 12, 2017, 01:32:25 PM
Quote from: okroads on December 11, 2017, 10:36:12 PM
TX 19 at FM 1537:

Thank you so much!

Can confirm, he's pretty good at tagging his work.

kphoger

Two junctions of I-27 and FM-1541–one from AARoads and one from Eric Stuve.

Male pronouns, please.

formulanone

chays

chays

formulanone

chays

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.