News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

If only there was a NOT buddies/ ignore list on TOPICS?

Started by dzlsabe, March 29, 2017, 01:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzlsabe

So that the 20 usual suspects could NOT post on certain topics?
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

hotdogPi

There's an "ignore" feature, where you can ignore certain people, and you will not see those people's posts (unless it's quoted).
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Alps

tribar

Quote from: 1 on March 29, 2017, 05:07:04 AM
There's an "ignore" feature, where you can ignore certain people, and you will not see those people's posts (unless it's quoted).

Yep, it works great lol.

dzlsabe

Really? I can make ~20 lame posters never appear on my topics?

How does this magical feature work? Can I make it retroactive on the locks?

Heres the sign up sheet....

1)
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

Scott5114

The easiest way to prevent someone from posting to a thread is to not create the thread in the first place.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Alps

Quote from: dzlsabe on March 30, 2017, 02:44:45 AM
Really? I can make ~20 posters never appear on my topics?

1) dzlsabe

US71

Quote from: Alps on March 30, 2017, 10:36:15 AM
Quote from: dzlsabe on March 30, 2017, 02:44:45 AM
Really? I can make ~20 posters never appear on my topics?

1) dzlsabe

Don't poke the bear, Steve  :coffee:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

It's because he replies to everyone as though they're idiots for not agreeing with him about everything.  It's easy to tolerate out-there ideas (FritzOwl) or newbie ignorance or just plain snark (me) or honest disagreements but, when someone refuses to get off his high horse and insults everyone else, then he's gonna get backlash.  It's the way of the world.

Honestly, if he succeeded in preventing nay-sayers from posting in his threads, then there would be hardly anyone left posting in them at all.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kphoger on April 25, 2017, 04:21:53 PM
It's because he replies to everyone as though they're idiots for not agreeing with him about everything.  It's easy to tolerate out-there ideas (FritzOwl) or newbie ignorance or just plain snark (me) or honest disagreements but, when someone refuses to get off his high horse and insults everyone else, then he's gonna get backlash.  It's the way of the world.

Honestly, if he succeeded in preventing nay-sayers from posting in his threads, then there would be hardly anyone left posting in them at all.
isn't he nine?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

froggie

Nope.  Pretty sure he's middle-aged at a minimum.

roadman65

And  probably the worst case of aspergers syndrome anyone has ever seen.

I have read his posts and even though they give me (and many) a good chuckle he does seem to have something missing above and like kphoger says he gets angry to the point of insult when anyone disagrees with him, which is pretty much all the time. 

BTW, I heard there was a big flame out with dzl and NE2 that got pretty ugly.  That may be why he started this thread.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

dzlsabe

"BTW, I heard there was a big flame out with dzl and NE2 that got pretty ugly."

Really? Do tell. Where is it? Hilfinglarryous.

jakeroot

Have you ever conceded defeat in an argument (on AARoads), saab?

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: jakeroot on April 27, 2017, 03:56:35 AM
Have you ever conceded defeat in an argument (on AARoads), saab?
From what I have seen, he argues until the thread is locked.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.