News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

605 Sign Replacement Project

Started by Occidental Tourist, April 19, 2017, 12:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignBridge

Okay, how's this for a laugh? After the 2009 MUTCD recomends against using a street name and city name on the same sign, (page 183, Sec. 2E-10) I discovered an illustration in the Manual that does exactly that. Check out page 205, figure 2E-12 where the legend on the exit sign is "Northern Blvd, Greenvale" I'm surprised I never noticed it before this. It's in direct conflict with the Manual's own advice. Somebody screwed up!

djsekani

Quote from: SignBridge on May 30, 2017, 09:34:36 PM
Good point about the 4-level interchange. In that case I guess Caltrans decided the route numbers were more useful than the old destinations. In fairness to them, it must have been a tough call. I guess there wasn't room to post every route number with a destination. But I too liked those old signs that said 5-Santa Ana, 10-San Bernadino.

After someone actually "defaced" the 110-Pasadena overhead to add a 5-North shield on there, I guess CalTrans decided it was a good idea.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.