News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Is aaroads broken?

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 07, 2017, 01:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

It says I am not online when I am clearly online. It also messed with my post count. Does anyone have any clue what is happening?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

freebrickproductions

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 07, 2017, 01:27:23 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on May 07, 2017, 01:25:53 AM
Yes.
That still does not tell me why it says I am offline.
Check your forum settings. You might've set yourself to be "invisible" (basically the forum's always saying you're offline, regardless if you're offline or online), and if so, you can just simply turn it off, though you may have to log back in. It should be under Profile -> Modify Profile -> Account Settings and make sure that the "Show others my online status" box is checked. If it isn't, then there's your issue.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

rickmastfan67

Quote from: freebrickproductions on May 07, 2017, 01:38:57 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 07, 2017, 01:27:23 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on May 07, 2017, 01:25:53 AM
Yes.
That still does not tell me why it says I am offline.
Check your forum settings. You might've set yourself to be "invisible" (basically the forum's always saying you're offline, regardless if you're offline or online), and if so, you can just simply turn it off, though you may have to log back in. It should be under Profile -> Modify Profile -> Account Settings and make sure that the "Show others my online status" box is checked. If it isn't, then there's your issue.

His status would still show him as 'online' on his end and to the Admins, freebrickproductions.

Otherwise, there just might have been a temporary 'cache' problem on Roadgeekteen's end in his browser and the wrong info got displayed somehow.

Word of advice, if the problem is continuing for more than 30 minutes, then mention something in the forums Roadgeekteen so we can possibly look into it.  If it is just a one time thing, then just chalk it up to a minor glitch on your end.  Because if it isn't reproducible, we can't do ANYTHING about it.  We also have lives away from the computer and can't hold your hand thru life, unless you're willing to pay us at least minimum wage, as we do this for the hobby without getting paid, lol. :awesomeface:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.