News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

MassDOT sign projects bid openings 11/28

Started by roadman, November 28, 2017, 02:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman

Bids were opened today on two MassDOT sign projects:  608555 - Retroreflective Guide and Traffic Sign Upgrades at Various Locations in District 1  and 608187 Methuen to Amesbury Fabrication, Installation, and Removal of Overhead and Ground-Mounted Guide Signs Along A Section of Interstate 495.

Liddell Brothers of Halifax, MA was the apparent low bidder on both projects.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

SectorZ

I want to go back to the more accurate "To 125" for the Ward Hill Connector, like we had up to the 1980's. Guess I am not getting my wish.

roadman

Quote from: SectorZ on November 28, 2017, 05:18:19 PM
I want to go back to the more accurate "To 125" for the Ward Hill Connector, like we had up to the 1980's. Guess I am not getting my wish.
Suggest the change to MassDOT.  The MassDOT Feedback e-mail form is at  https://www.mass.gov/forms/contact-massdot

Because the bids have only just been opened, it will be at least three to four months before sign fabrication actually begins.  Plus, adding 'TO' to the Ward Hill signs is a minor change, as it doesn't affect the overall panel size.

Edit:  Updated to reflect current link to MassDOT Feedback
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

SectorZ

Quote from: roadman on November 29, 2017, 11:43:51 AM
Suggest the change to MassDOT.  The MassDOT Feedback e-mail form is at  https://www.mass.gov/forms/contact-massdot

Because the bids have only just been opened, it will be at least three to four months before sign fabrication actually begins.  Plus, adding 'TO' to the Ward Hill signs is a minor change, as it doesn't affect the overall panel size.

Edit:  Updated to reflect current link to MassDOT Feedback

Thanks for the link. I did just that per your suggestion.

bob7374

Here's one of the sign plans for the MA 125 exit discussed above showing the current and future signage. The exit tabs are longer to display larger milepost numbers in the future, the tab for Exit 49 needs to be long enough to hold the proposed number, 107A:

route17fan

Is there a link to access? I have been searching MassDOT and have not been able to find it. Did they go to Bid Express?
John Krakoff - Cleveland, Ohio

route17fan

Oops - yes they did. Bid Express it is. Found it.
John Krakoff - Cleveland, Ohio

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.