News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Driving

Started by lucas01aswell, February 10, 2018, 12:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas01aswell

I might be planing drive vids soon when i get my ID What should i do?

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Well, that's just like your opinion man...

jasonh300

Quote from: lucas01aswell on February 10, 2018, 12:16:16 AM

Blackbox G1W dashcam, $50 on Amazon.  Try to get a capacitor model (G1WC) if they're available, and if you're going to keep the camera in a car where it gets hot (may not be an issue in Chicago).  Keep the windshield very clean inside and out.  The suction cup mount is very stable if you use epoxy to permanently attach the camera to the mount, otherwise it'll vibrate a bit.  Avoid driving into the sun.  Put a black blanket across the dashboard to reduce glare, and if you're adventurous, search YouTube for instructions on how to fit a CPL (circular polarizing filter) to the camera.  See the link in my sig line below for examples of the video this camera will take.

lucas01aswell

Imma try my best im only 16 so i gotta save up.

jasonh300

Quote from: lucas01aswell on February 10, 2018, 03:27:48 PM
Imma try my best im only 16 so i gotta save up.

Start saving.  You can get everything I mentioned to get started for about $80.

Of course, you'll need a car.  And a computer and video editing software of some sort.

allniter89

Quote from: lucas01aswell on February 10, 2018, 12:16:16 AM
Be careful the camera doesn't distract you from your driving. Sometimes your 1st year driving  can be overwhelming. FWIW I dont think I would allow my 16yo to have a camera in the car the 1st couple  of years driving. OTOH driving cameras & the internet werent  know way back then.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.