Prominent Highways that You Use Frequently

Started by Beltway, May 05, 2018, 09:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Osceola Parkway as its one of few toll roads that is not a freeway.  In Orlando there is the Goldenrod Road extension that copied Osceola County and built a toll street with two at grade signalized intersections on both sides of the toll plaza.

Osceola Parkway is supposed to be tolled from Flora Blvd. to Sieralago Blvd. but in the past year the county built an intersection between the tolled Poinciana Blvd. ramp and the mainline toll plaza to serve a brand new subdivision and a shopping plaza.  So really that is an unusual toll set up now, but some may argue the Parkway in NJ does that with Exit 4 NB being tolled and the 3 interchanges now (originally those signalized at grade intersections) are also before the first toll plaza as well. 

Nonetheless its unusual for a non freeway toll facility other than a bridge or tunnel.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

texaskdog

From 19-37 I didn't live far from I-35E in Saint Paul.  Moved to Austin and live just off of I-35 and have to take it to work every day.

roadman65

Quote from: texaskdog on July 17, 2018, 09:41:35 PM
From 19-37 I didn't live far from I-35E in Saint Paul.  Moved to Austin and live just off of I-35 and have to take it to work every day.
Not to mention that I-35 has another I-35E in another metro area in the same state as Austin.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.