News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I get ignored way too much

Started by tolbs17, January 05, 2020, 06:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tolbs17

When I ask a question, nobody answers my question. I want to know why that is why nobody answers me and it makes me so mad!

I've been asking about what alternative is the best for the Carolina bays parkway, and I've also been asking about why i-540 westbound near highway 1 has a quick lane drop, and also I've been asking about the new interchange near the Carolina Bays Parkway why a 30 foot median is being used and not 46 (I figured it out because the freeway is going on a new alignment most likely).

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Max Rockatansky

And now you're demanding answers to your questions?...are you being serious?  Perhaps the questions you're asking aren't really compelling enough for people to answer?  Not every question, thread or post gets an answer on this forum...hell a lot of the more obscure roads I post about don't get a response for weeks, months, if ever.  Getting angry about it isn't really going to grease the wheels of good will with other users. 

tolbs17

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 05, 2020, 06:48:33 PM
And now you're demanding answers to your questions?...are you being serious?  Perhaps the questions you're asking aren't really compelling enough for people to answer?  Not every question, thread or post gets an answer on this forum...hell a lot of the more obscure roads I post about don't get a response for weeks, months, if ever.  Getting angry about it isn't really going to grease the wheels of good will with other users.
Yeah. I feel like they think I'm trash because I'm autistic and know nothing. What should I do that can make me succeed? I've lost my PMing privileges by the way.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: tolbs17 on January 05, 2020, 06:54:36 PM
Yeah. I feel like they think I'm trash because I'm autistic and know nothing. What should I do that can make me succeed? I've lost my PMing privileges by the way.

Really you're just being paranoid, more than likely the majority of forum members know little or nothing about you.  Doing things like making this thread and pointing fingers aren't going to help your cause.  The best thing you can do is probably leave that expectation of getting an answer at the door and spend more time on your own research on what you're looking into.  You might not find the answers you want all the time but you'll be way more versed in findings them and opening the door towards more meaningful discussions. 

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

tolbs17

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 05, 2020, 07:05:22 PM
Quote from: tolbs17 on January 05, 2020, 06:54:36 PM
Really you're just being paranoid, more than likely the majority of forum members know little or nothing about you.  Doing things like making this thread and pointing fingers aren't going to help your cause.  The best thing you can do is probably leave that expectation of getting an answer at the door and spend more time on your own research on what you're looking into.  You might not find the answers you want all the time but you'll be way more versed in findings them and opening the door towards more meaningful discussions. 
I don't have much going on. I did lots of research and I would add more and i would STILL get nothing. Look at the Music thread and some threads in Traffic Control that I replied to an I got nothing....

Quote from: NE2 on January 05, 2020, 07:09:00 PM
Don't tolbs, be happy.
I'll be happy when I don't get ignored as much.

jakeroot

Keep in mind that, a lot of the time, there just isn't an answer to some questions. Or, the questions don't make much sense, so people just don't bother answering them.

For example, you're asking about an alternative to the Carolina Bays Parkway. My answer: US-17? That seems pretty obvious (and might be why the question was ignored). The Parkway was built as an alternative to US-17, if I recall correctly. It, therefore, is the alternative. To ask about an alternative to a bypass is a bit odd, I guess. The original route should be the obvious answer, in this case.

The question about 540/US-1 also confuses me. Quick lane drop? Questions that are difficult to discern are likely to be ignored.

Remember: no one here owes anyone anything. We will answer your questions if A) they make sense, B) we can follow what you're asking, and C) we actually know the answer.

A lot of users here (excluding myself and many others, I assume) apparently have autism; we aren't going to hold it against you. We are very much used to how those with autistic tendencies formulate and then ask questions.

tolbs17

Quote from: jakeroot on January 05, 2020, 07:24:07 PM
Keep in mind that, a lot of the time, there just isn't an answer to some questions. Or, the questions don't make much sense, so people just don't bother answering them.

For example, you're asking about an alternative to the Carolina Bays Parkway. My answer: US-17? That seems pretty obvious (and might be why the question was ignored). The Parkway was built as an alternative to US-17, if I recall correctly. It, therefore, is the alternative. To ask about an alternative to a bypass is a bit odd, I guess. The original route should be the obvious answer, in this case.

The question about 540/US-1 also confuses me. Quick lane drop? Questions that are difficult to discern are likely to be ignored.

Remember: no one here owes anyone anything. We will answer your questions if A) they make sense, B) we can follow what you're asking, and C) we actually know the answer.

A lot of users here (excluding myself and many others, I assume) apparently have autism; we aren't going to hold it against you. We are very much used to how those with autistic tendencies formulate and then ask questions.
So I'm guessing you're talking about concept 9?

quick lane drop

And I've asked A LOT of questions that made sense by the way...........................

ozarkman417

We already had a similar discussion about you being ignored. As much as I would like to respond to some questions, I don't have the proper background knowledge to create a good response, and I'm not going to write 'OK Boomer' when I don't.
You being autistic won't make people think you know nothing. One of the symptoms of it is having 'compulsive interests', which I'm sure is the reason why we have as many people here as we do.

Don't tolbs, be happy.
Don't mrhappy, be happy.

tolbs17

Quote from: ozarkman417 on January 05, 2020, 07:37:07 PM
We already had a similar discussion about you being ignored. As much as I would like to respond to some questions, I don't have the proper background knowledge to create a good response, and I'm not going to write 'OK Boomer' when I don't.
You being autistic won't make people think you know nothing. One of the symptoms of it is having 'compulsive interests', which I'm sure is the reason why we have as many people here as we do.

Don't tolbs, be happy.
Don't mrhappy, be happy.
That was the PMing issue. This is just in general on the forums.

texaskdog

Did somebody say something?  Is this a post?

rickmastfan67

Quote from: tolbs17 on January 05, 2020, 06:40:38 PM
When I ask a question, nobody answers my question. I want to know why that is why nobody answers me and it makes me so mad!

Simple.  Not everybody knows the answers to your questions.  If I had seen your posts (I can't read everything, it's just physically impossible) and I knew the answer, I'd say something. But since I'm not from NC/SC, & don't work for NCDOT/SCDOT, I wouldn't have concrete answers for you beyond some stuff along the I-77 corridor (which I've been on several times).  Thus, I don't post.  Same goes for others I bet.  We all live in different parts of the world, thus, not everybody would know the possible answers to what you're asking about.  We're not trying to ignore you, we just honestly can't answer your questions sometimes.  It's nothing personal man.

However, calling people out and demanding an answer is NEVER the right way to do stuff ever.  It can make people annoyed with you, and possibly might make people who really do know the answer to not even post it, as they don't like to reward people who demand stuff.

So, calm down, and if people know the answer, they'll post it when they have the chance. :nod:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.