News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Delaware

Started by Alex, February 11, 2009, 10:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

ixnay

The Washington/Baltimore/Arlington CSA has two Key Bridges, a Minnesota Avenue, and a Mannasota Avenue.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

ixnay

Why is State Street in Dover closed between Cecil Street (next to Wesley College/DSU) and Pennsylvania Avenue through Feb. 27?  Is it a city street for maintenance purposes?  (US 113 Alt. follows Governors Ave.)

Edit:  I just went to the City of Dover question page and emailed inquiry about this closure.
The Washington/Baltimore/Arlington CSA has two Key Bridges, a Minnesota Avenue, and a Mannasota Avenue.

74/171FAN

Quote from: ixnay on January 19, 2023, 05:05:59 PM
Why is State Street in Dover closed between Cecil Street (next to Wesley College/DSU) and Pennsylvania Avenue through Feb. 27?  Is it a city street for maintenance purposes?  (US 13 Alt. follows Governors Ave.)

Edit:  I just went to the City of Dover question page and emailed inquiry about this closure.

See here:  https://deldot.gov/About/news/index.shtml?dc=release&id=9353&type=Traffic  (and FTFY)

74/171FAN

ixnay

Quote from: 74/171FAN on January 19, 2023, 06:08:21 PM
Why is State Street in Dover closed between Cecil Street (next to Wesley College/DSU) and Pennsylvania Avenue through Feb. 27?  Is it a city street for maintenance purposes?  (US 13 Alt. follows Governors Ave.)

See here:  https://deldot.gov/About/news/index.shtml?dc=release&id=9353&type=Traffic  (and FTFY)

Undertaking the project: A-Del Construction, according to the attachment to the response email I received from the city.
?
Btw 74/141 how did you find DelDOT's announcement? Did you type state street dover water main in DelDOT's website's search engine

74/171FAN

Quote from: ixnay on January 20, 2023, 04:57:06 PM

Undertaking the project: A-Del Construction, according to the attachment to the response email I received from the city.
?
Btw 74/141 how did you find DelDOT's announcement? Did you type state street dover water main in DelDOT's website's search engine

Just "State Street" I think.  I remembered seeing the news release about it, but did not consider it important enough to link here at first.

ixnay

Quote from: 74/171FAN on January 20, 2023, 05:09:00 PM
Quote from: ixnay on January 20, 2023, 04:57:06 PM

?

Just "State Street" I think.  I remembered seeing the news release about it, but did not consider it important enough to link here at first.

Yes, your technique worked for me just now.  BTW I was in Dover doing some shopping today, and driving west on Division St. (DE 8) at State I glanced up State St. and found the "Road Closed" barrier.  Google Maps traffic first alerted me to the closure.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

ixnay

74/171FAN

Alex4897

Quote from: 74/171FAN on January 26, 2023, 10:35:01 AM
(For US 13)  TRAFFIC ALERT - New Castle County - St. Georges Bridge to Close for 18 Months for Repairs

Just in time for the Reedy Point Bridge reopening in March. The bridge deck is in horrendous shape so this'll be a welcome improvement.
👉😎👉

74/171FAN

ixnay

The history of the spanning of Indian River Inlet...

https://www.capegazette.com/article/inlet-bridge-history-dates-back-nearly-nine-decades/252471

And further up the Coastal Highway, looking at DelDOT's DE 1 & 16 webcam,, they've lined the temporary road *south* of Broadkill Road, but the tempo road north of that crossroad is still solid black tonight.  The lines look white, no yellow.  I guess that will be the northbound tempo roadway and that once that's done, they'll build the sb tempo roadway.  I'm trying to recall how traffic was diverted around the Little Heaven overpass project.

Traffic still has full use of both carriageways of the current DE 1 while the tempo road construction is going on.

Further northwest on the Sussex/Kent border, it looks like they're finally going to address the damage of the steel on the Mispillion River Drawbridge that Business DE 1 crosses...

https://www.wboc.com/news/rehoboth-boulevard-to-close-for-drawbridge-repairs/article_436f5274-9e76-11ed-8be7-b30a944e3c0e.html

Alex4897

Quote from: ixnay on January 27, 2023, 05:10:39 PM
The history of the spanning of Indian River Inlet...

https://www.capegazette.com/article/inlet-bridge-history-dates-back-nearly-nine-decades/252471

I went and read the Wikipedia article on the bridge after reading this, it turns out Figg Bridge Engineers (of Miami bridge collapse and Corpus Christi Harbor Bridge design debacle notoriety) was behind the botched first attempt at the recent bridge rebuild that resulted in lawsuits and approach ramps that had to be removed due to settling. :ded:
👉😎👉

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

(For DE 16)  SR 16 Main Street, Ellendale Public Workshop

QuoteThe Delmarva Central Railroad Company, with support from DelDOT's Railroad Section, will perform railroad crossing safety improvements at DOT Crossing No. 516122H in Ellendale. The Delmarva Central Railroad Company, and their Subcontractors, will replace the existing railroad crossing surface, install new railroad warning signals, perform sidewalk modifications in the area of the crossing, make improvements to existing drainage, and pave the approaches to the crossing.

The work will require a full closure of SR 16 Main Street at the Delmarva Central Railroad crossing with detours posted in the area. The local eastbound detour will direct traffic on SR 16 Main Street onto Washington Avenue to Willow Street to Prettyman Avenue back to SR 16 Main Street. The local westbound detour will direct traffic on SR 16 Main Street onto Prettyman Avenue to Willow Street to Washington Avenue back to SR 16 Main Street. Additional signs will be posted for a truck detour outside Town limits. The current schedule (weather dependent) will close SR 16 Main Street beginning Thursday, March 9, 2023 at 5:00 am.  The road will be open by Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 10:00 pm.  Some intermittent lane closures may occur before March 9, 2023 to prepare for the work and after March 23, 2023 to perform the final work items.

A Public Information Session will be held on Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at the Ellendale Volunteer Fire Company. Project information and display boards will be set up from 5:00pm to 6:00pm, where questions will be answered in an open format. There will be no presentation.

TRAFFIC ALERT - New Castle County - Nighttime Closures on I-95

ixnay

jeffandnicole

Quote from: ixnay on February 03, 2023, 07:15:08 PM
On DE 54, apparently there won't be any detours during replacement of the Assawoman bridge...

https://www.coastalpoint.com/closures-won-t-come-with-bridge-replacement/article_117f7074-a352-11ed-a83e-cf12ef744d4f.html

What's kinda amazing is that would actually be news in Delaware.  Most bridge replacements usually are done in this manner.

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.