News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

I'm in Pennsylvania right now and it's in the 70s and cloudy.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

ET21

Been quite lovely over the past week. Average highs/lows (low 80s, low 60s), low humidity, mostly sunny. Will be getting some rain this coming weekend.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

hotdogPi

Since it's Thursday, the drought map has updated. The Boston area is now in a level 3 drought, including all of Rhode Island but excluding Worcester (2 in Worcester and to the west, but 3 to the north and south), New Hampshire (2 for the parts near Massachusetts), and Cape Cod (2). Note that level 2 is still quite significant. I still see people watering their lawns.

There was a small amount of rain yesterday night, but there's no rain in the forecast ahead until Monday.

DFW, San Antonio, and Fresno still appear to be in 4, the worst category.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Roadgeekteen

80s and sunny in Pittsburgh where I am right now.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Bruce

Hot and muggy, just miserable all around.

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on August 19, 2022, 04:41:17 PM

Yesterday in particular struck me as very Mid-Atlantic-y; super humid, kind of cloudy, pre-thunderstorm weather kind of. But the lightning never showed up. Darn.

Still pretty muggy today, definitely cooler though!

Billy F 1988

Bone dry with 92. This has been a very scary trend in Missoula lately. If you look at how low the rivers are, they are THIN! All that runoff water from this winter fizzled out by mid-July and since we've hit high 90's and low 100's on a constant basis with zero moisture, that scares me. It's too reminiscent of several other Montana summers like this one. I think a godly downpour is in store for Montana 'cause it needs it BAAAD!
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Scott5114

Quote from: jakeroot on August 19, 2022, 05:52:56 PM

Yesterday in particular struck me as very Mid-Atlantic-y; super humid, kind of cloudy, pre-thunderstorm weather kind of. But the lightning never showed up. Darn.

You guys should at least do us the courtesy of posting numbers so those of us east of US-81 can have a laugh. :-D
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Bruce

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 20, 2022, 10:39:35 PM

You guys should at least do us the courtesy of posting numbers so those of us east of US-81 can have a laugh. :-D

Well Saturday was humid enough to cancel a basketball game due to condensation on the court. Dew point was around 70F the night before.

Ted$8roadFan

Presently 66 degrees and foggy near the coast.

jakeroot

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 20, 2022, 10:39:35 PM

I've lived in St Louis and Washington DC. It was humid. But it wasn't hot.

NWI_Irish96

Apparently it's raining in the entire NE quadrant of the country.

Plan A was to watch the White Sox @ Cleveland but that got rained out.

Plan B was the LL World Series in Williamsport, PA, but that's delayed by rain.

Plan C was the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen, NY, but that's delayed by rain.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

hotdogPi

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on August 21, 2022, 04:14:32 PM

I'm not seeing any here until 1 PM tomorrow, and knowing Apple's weather app, the rain is probably going to be pushed back a few hours and then never happen at all other than possibly a few sprinkles.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

US71

We're having a slow, steady rain
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

webny99

Quote from: 1 on August 21, 2022, 04:21:31 PM
Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on August 21, 2022, 04:14:32 PM

I'm not seeing any here until 1 PM tomorrow, and knowing Apple's weather app, the rain is probably going to be pushed back a few hours and then never happen at all other than possibly a few sprinkles.

It's probably the risk of thunderstorms moreso than the rain being 100% likely. The forecast here was predicting thunderstorms, but what actually happened was light rain this morning, then partial sunshine for most of the day, then a spotty downpour this afternoon, and clearing again this evening.

jgb191

It's snowing here in South Texas....

Actually no it's not, but we did cool off the past several days due to the tropical activity.  But we've returned back to normal conditions:

Alice:               100 high (0);     76 low (0)
Corpus Christi:   98 high (+1);   82 low (+2)
Kingsville:          99 high (+1);   78 low (+1)
Laredo:            104 high (+1);   81 low (+2)
Premont:          101 high (+1);   77 low (0)
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Ted$8roadFan

If the forecast holds, it will be in the 70s with some beneficial rain today.

Roadgeekteen

I'm in Eastern Tennessee where it is 82 and sunny.

Stephane Dumas

The DFW area was hit by a flash flood.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/flooding-hits-dallas-fort-worth-as-some-areas-receive-more-than-13-inches-of-rain/ar-AA10XBYG
The rainfall in some areas qualifies as a 1-in-1,000-year flood, which means that in any given year it has a 0.1% chance of happening. Such extreme precipitation is expected to occur more frequently as the effects of climate change worsen.

The east side of Dallas received 13 to 15 inches of rainfall over the past 24 hours, according to a reading from Dallas Water Utilities. Most of the Dallas-Fort Worth area recorded 6 to 10 inches of rainfall.

The National Weather Service has issued a flood watch for North Texas through 8 p.m. CDT Monday, and for Central Texas through 7 p.m. CDT. Flooding is beginning to recede in North Texas, and the heaviest rainfall is shifting into Central Texas. Meteorologists are forecasting additional rainfall of nearly 2 to 5 inches as the storm system moves south.

Dallas emergency management officials are reporting high water over many roadways and are advising residents in the area against travel.

The flash floods, which in some cases are considered life-threatening, have prompted rescue efforts. The Dallas Fire Department alone has responded to hundreds of car crashes and other water-related emergencies since 6 p.m. Sunday.

7/8

Wow, and I thought the rain was bad in Toronto yesterday (that was only 100mm or 4"). I was on the 407 and it went from no rain to a hard downpour that was even faster than my wipers set on high! It's the first time I saw no one speeding on the 407. :sombrero:

For today's weather, it's currently 24 C (76 F) and cloudy. We had a thunderstorm a few hours ago with some brief, intense rain, but it's stopped now and the clouds should clear up overnight.

CoreySamson

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on August 22, 2022, 05:27:30 PM
The DFW area was hit by a flash flood...
Reminds me a lot of the Tax Day floods in Houston. I've heard DFW and San Antonio are just as vulnerable to flash floods as Houston does, but they don't get the weather patterns that drop 10+ inches that often.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Billy F 1988

Soooooo refreshing after, what, 70 or 80 days approximately of dry heat in Missoula. I. Love it! 71 and partial sun and clouds after a very brief rain period. However, the 10-day shows it ain't over yet. This may be the last few days of mid 80's-low 90's that we get until it dials back a touch heading into September. I peeked at timeanddate.com's extended outlook going into September 9th. Starting Sunday, the 4th, the highs will drop to the upper 80's, lower down to the 70's by Wednesday and Thursday, which is 9/7 and 8 and sort of flux a ways after the 9th.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Ted$8roadFan

Partly sunny and breezy, in the 80s. Waiting for potential t-storms.

Roadgeekteen

I'm in Asheville/Western North Carolina right now, and it started out fine but started thunderstorming later in the day.

CoreySamson

I now live in Tulsa, and the weather here has been a welcome change from miserable Houston heat. Highs are around 90, but the real kicker for me is the low humidity, which you don't really get in Houston.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.