News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Your Favorite Forum Quotes

Started by CoreySamson, July 05, 2021, 09:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoreySamson

I just had to include this:

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 05, 2021, 08:40:33 PM
CHICKEN NUGGET

I think it's more likely SafeSpeeder is that Mike2357 guy from NYC who was spamming a couple weeks ago (his post per day average was at 32). Strangely, Mike2357 hasn't been active since August 19, and SafeSpeeder joined on August 20.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

hotdogPi

Quote from: CoreySamson on September 05, 2021, 09:27:03 PM
Strangely, Mike2357 hasn't been active since August 19, and SafeSpeeder joined on August 20.

I completely forgot about him. Given that he's not in the members list, he's banned. Yes, they are very likely the same person.
Clinched

Traveled, plus 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

New:
I-189 clinched
US 7, VT 2A, 11, 15,  17, 73, 103, 116, 125, NH 123 traveled

SkyPesos

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 05, 2021, 03:40:58 PM
Quote from: SkyPesos on September 05, 2021, 03:14:59 PM
Not my favorite, just another ridiculous and funny one like the others I posted:
Quote from: SafeSpeederActually I am tempted to drive in those states just to increase the climate change around the area, so the next storms are more severe and wash away all the weirdo law makers.

Makes one wonder if SafeSpeeder and Kernals12 are the same person?
SafeSpeeder felt like a mix of Kernals12 and HighwayStar to me. Though unlike both of them, he doesn't mention some variant of "cars good transit/bikes bad" in your face every time.

1995hoo

Quote from: 1 on September 05, 2021, 09:32:39 PM
Quote from: CoreySamson on September 05, 2021, 09:27:03 PM
Strangely, Mike2357 hasn't been active since August 19, and SafeSpeeder joined on August 20.

I completely forgot about him. Given that he's not in the members list, he's banned. Yes, they are very likely the same person.

I'm not sure about that. SafeSpeeder hasn't referred to anything, or anyone, as retarded, whereas Mike2357 couldn't seem to resist the urge to do so.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

CoreySamson

I think we have our man:
Quote from: Mike2357 on August 16, 2021, 10:45:17 PM
One state I will never drive in. All law makers in that state should be forced to watch the "Speed Kills Your Pocketbook"  Videos (2 parts). Ironically, people slamming on their breaks when they see a car on the side if the road causes more accidents. Hogging the left lane and forcing people to change lanes is also far more dangerous than just driving "fast". Most Speed limits today would make more sense as minimum speeds.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

hotdogPi

How did nobody (including me) notice this?
Clinched

Traveled, plus 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

New:
I-189 clinched
US 7, VT 2A, 11, 15,  17, 73, 103, 116, 125, NH 123 traveled

renegade

Quote from: CoreySamson on September 06, 2021, 02:14:49 PM
I think we have our man:
One state I will never drive in. All law makers in that state should be forced to watch the "Speed Kills Your Pocketbook"  Videos (2 parts). Ironically, people slamming on their breaks when they see a car on the side if the road causes more accidents. Hogging the left lane and forcing people to change lanes is also far more dangerous than just driving "fast". Most Speed limits today would make more sense as minimum speeds.
Ban him already.   :ded:
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: CoreySamson on September 06, 2021, 02:14:49 PM
I think we have our man:

In addition, Mike's location is listed as NYC. SafeSpeeder's location isn't given but his posts are heavily focused on NY/NJ.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

formulanone

Quote from: 1 on September 06, 2021, 02:53:27 PM

I dunno, maybe some of us were focused on the quality posters.

dlsterner

The evidence so far could be circumstantial.  The mods may need to do an IP check on both to be sure.  If they are indeed the same person (which is my hunch), then the latter user (I assume) would be in trouble if for no other reason than trying to circumvent a ban of the former user.

I would at least get the banhammer out of the closet just to be ready.

SkyPesos

Not sure about here, but I know another forum I've been on that doesn't allow and punishes for ban evading.

1995hoo

Quote from: SkyPesos on September 06, 2021, 04:32:28 PM
Not sure about here, but I know another forum I've been on that doesn't allow and punishes for ban evading.

The infamous Marf was banned from this forum for sockpuppetry, among multiple other offenses.

1995hoo

Looks like the mods took action, as a certain someone is no longer on the members list. How long will it be before another "very special user" appears?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 07, 2021, 07:39:45 AM
Looks like the mods took action, as a certain someone is no longer on the members list. How long will it be before another "very special user" appears?

It's like I said; "cut off one head and two will take it's place."   Although I'm kind of amused in retrospect that it wasn't a leap in logic to assume multiple new people act/think like that. 

1995hoo

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 07, 2021, 09:19:48 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on September 07, 2021, 07:39:45 AM

It's like I said; "cut off one head and two will take it's place."   Although I'm kind of amused in retrospect that it wasn't a leap in logic to assume multiple new people act/think like that. 

I hadn't noticed the comment CoreySamson quoted because it was in a thread I haven't been following.

It's interesting to note that "SafeSpeeder" has suffered a more severe penalty than other banned users: Almost all of his posts have been removed, though they still survive to the extent other users quoted them (but the link to go to the quoted post won't work). Usually when a user is banned, the posts themselves remain.

jmacswimmer

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 07, 2021, 09:48:21 AM
It's interesting to note that "SafeSpeeder" has suffered a more severe penalty than other banned users: Almost all of his posts have been removed, though they still survive to the extent other users quoted them (but the link to go to the quoted post won't work). Usually when a user is banned, the posts themselves remain.

I was more under the impression that the user pulled a "71"  prior to the banhammer completing its swing & deleted the posts himself, as his actual post count decreased back to 15 and his post tier reverted to "Dirt Road"  accordingly (whereas I've seen the mods explain elsewhere that when they "delete"  posts, they simply move them to an invisible thread, which means post counts wouldn't decrease like they did here).
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

hbelkins

Quote from: jmacswimmer on September 07, 2021, 10:47:56 AM

I was more under the impression that the user pulled a "71"  prior to the banhammer completing its swing & deleted the posts himself, as his actual post count decreased back to 15 and his post tier reverted to "Dirt Road"  accordingly (whereas I've seen the mods explain elsewhere that when they "delete"  posts, they simply move them to an invisible thread, which means post counts wouldn't decrease like they did here).

His current profile shows only two posts. The lead post in the "Speed Kills Your Pocketbook" thread that ran off the rails, and a post in the "time dilation" thread.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

SkyPesos

Watch him come back with another new account in the next day or two...

1995hoo

Quote from: hbelkins on September 07, 2021, 12:03:51 PM
Quote from: jmacswimmer on September 07, 2021, 10:47:56 AM

His current profile shows only two posts. The lead post in the "Speed Kills Your Pocketbook" thread that ran off the rails, and a post in the "time dilation" thread.

His profile says he has 15, but only two are still visible, and it's easy enough to see why: Both of the posts are the first ones in their respective threads. I believe one of the moderators explained that technical restrictions prevent the deletion of the first post in a thread once there are any replies to it, unless the moderators choose to delete the entire thread. (I suppose they could split everything after the first post and then delete that post, but that would entail more work and would potentially take away relevant context.)

When I was reading the forum last night around the time when the post deletions began, I concluded the moderators were dealing with it because they split off a big chunk of the "driver's education" thread right as I was posting to it, then deleted the portion they'd split off. At that time, the rest of that user's posts were still around, so I just assumed it was the moderators getting rid of all of it.

Quote from: SkyPesos on September 07, 2021, 12:10:49 PM
Watch him come back with another new account in the next day or two...

As Max Rockatansky has noted, we seem to have a version of the hydra around here lately.

hbelkins

There was one post in that thread that I wanted to respond to (concerning OH 104 as an alternative to US 23 in southern Ohio) but didn't get the chance before the thread was locked. Now I can't remember what I wanted to say.  :pan:

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Roadgeekteen

Kernals12 is not any other member nor is he a troll, he's just annoying. He does this stuff on reddit as well.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

1995hoo

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 08, 2021, 01:54:54 PM
Kernals12 is not any other member nor is he a troll, he's just annoying. ....

I think you just gave us a new nominee for "favorite forum quote."

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 08, 2021, 01:56:27 PM

Eh I've done worse.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

1995hoo

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 08, 2021, 01:57:10 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on September 08, 2021, 01:56:27 PM

Eh I've done worse.

I meant I like your comment.

Takumi

Quote from: 1 on September 06, 2021, 02:53:27 PM
I tried to not pay attention to him because I knew he was a troll. But I didn't interact with the other guy or pay attention to either account's threads. DFTT.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.