News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Great moments in viatology/transportology

Started by hbelkins, September 21, 2022, 03:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Recently posted in MTR...

https://groups.google.com/g/misc.transport.road/c/CzKG7h5fwKs

QuoteDid you know every gallon of gas puts 20 pounds of CO2 in the sky? That's a scary metric. And with climate-change completely underway, everything from droughts to sea-level rises are occurring around us.

We all love studying roads and sharing these with one another. As each of you are doing viatology research, it's imperative to keep your future generations in mind! To that end, always consider:

--Using mass transit, if available in your area. If not available;
--An electric vehicle for travel, particularly one that's charged by a renewable resource (wind, solar, etc.)
--Using a hybrid vehicle at the bare minimum... keep the fuel efficiency at 40 MPG or greater!

We can all talk about how great a certain highway is. But it's pointless to future generations if they won't be around to see it. Let's be more responsible in the 2020s.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

How do I go about purchasing a wind-powered electric vehicle?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

froggie

Quote from: Rothman on September 21, 2022, 05:57:51 PM
My word, the WWTLWTH still exists...

At this point, I have the same reaction to MTR...

Max Rockatansky

Considering how many inane spam/scam topics surround Calrog's posts on MTR how is any of this actual relevant in the modern road community? 

Max Rockatansky

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.