News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What was your "I'm officially old" moment?

Started by ZLoth, December 01, 2023, 07:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

One that a wide range of ages may be able to relate to...

• When a young kid dislikes a food or drink item and you tell them "it's an acquired taste"

kphoger

The second time within a half-year that I had an injury but absolutely no idea how it happened.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Rothman

Quote from: GaryV on December 13, 2023, 07:22:18 AM
Another one. I was taking grad classes in IT about a dozen years ago. The topic was sorting techniques, one of which is "perk up". I had to explain a coffee percolator to the class.
"There was a fish in the percolator!"
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

formulanone

Quote from: webny99 on December 13, 2023, 04:26:50 PM
One that a wide range of ages may be able to relate to...

• When a young kid dislikes a food or drink item and you tell them "it's an acquired taste"

I tell my kids that with medicine...

"You'll get used to it."

"No I won't."

"You'd be surprised what terrible foods or inedible things you'll eventually try."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.