News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What stadiums have you visited?

Started by Bruce, April 24, 2019, 11:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexus73

Pro sports, for as much as I watched, has only resulted in me attending one venue for pro sporting events.  That place is the now-gone Kingdome.  The first time was a b-day present from my best friend at the time when the Seahawks hosted the Raiders.  That friend had paid $50 for two tickets he found for sale in the paper. 

Remember, this is long, long, long before the net was around!  The tickets were authentic but as events revealed, they were stolen in the mail and then resold.  We found "our" seats and had settled into the game during the 1st quarter when stadium security along with the couple who had the replacement tickets issued by the franchise came by.  WTF?  While the husband, my friend and security went off to sort out the situation, the wife and I sat as the game went along.

After a while the friend, husband and security came back.  That is when we found out about the tickets being pilfered in the mail.  Bad news.  The somewhat good news is that we were left free to wander the stadium during the game and did so on the 200 level, which is where all the nicest seats with small TV's overhead were. 

For the second event, the tickets were $4 per for a baseball game between the Mariners and Twins.  This time we got that 200 level and had seats!  Seattle came in 0-6 while the Twins had a team which would win the World Series that year but I told my friend that Seattle would win.  Why?  The Big Unit was on the mound!  Even though Ken Griffey, Jr. had no hits, he did make a spectacular catch in the outfield.  Mariner bats were alive for the game so they wound up winning 7-4.  This was definitely a happier experience!

Pro venues in PDX have the unusual grouping of two basketball arenas next to each other.  The first is Memorial Coliseum and the second is Moda Center.  I have attended various events at each over the years but never seen a Blazer game in person at either.

The former Civic Stadium was home to the AAA Portland Beavers.  One baseball game was attended before that franchise went away.  In Eugene, PK Stadium, home to the Oregon Ducks, also hosted the Class A Eugene Emeralds.  They were seen there one time. 

...and that is it for my visits to professional sports sites!

College: Oregon and Oregon State for football and basketball, Portland State (at Civic) for football, BYU for football and basketball, Utah for football and at a time when the university had no football, SE Louisiana in Hammond.  That place did have Hammond High playing there though.  With lightning striking a half mile north, did the Louisianans run for cover?  Of course not and the game went on!  Below the stands there were small black kids gambling with dice.  They do things in an interesting way down there...LOL!

It is not much of a record as some who have posted on this thread have but oh, the stories that go with those places!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

tchafe1978

MLB Stadiums:
Milwaukee County Stadium
Miller Park

NBA:
MECCA (Now UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena)
Bradley Center
Fiserv Forum someday

NFL:
Lambeau Field
Soldier Field pre-renovation
Both visits to NFL stadiums were as a member of the marching band in college, and we were invited to perform. Both times I never actually sat in the stands, as we were seated down on the field and performed a pregame and halftime show. The game at Lambeau was Packers vs. Bears, and we were seated on the Bears sideline. The Packers beat the Bears, and we were heckling the Bears all throughout the game. There was one play where Bears hothead linebacker Bryan Cox committed some personal foul penalty and ended up getting ejected. He walked by us as he left the field, and of course we heckled him. He flipped us the bird as he walked by.
The game at Soldier Field the Bears played the Cowboys, who were just coming off one of their Super Bowl wins. Not being a fan of either hated team, it was hard to pick a team to root for. It was an exciting game as the Bears beat the Cowboys, who were heavily favored.

College football:
Camp Randall Stadium (too many games to count as my family has season tickets)
Division III stadiums at UW-Platteville, UW-Whitewater, and UW-Oshkosh

College hockey:
Kohl Center

Miscellaneous:
UW Fieldhouse for a college bowling tournament my college band was invited to play at
Mystique Community Ice Center in Dubuque for minor league hockey, the USHL Fighting Saints.

I've also seen the Milwaukee Admirals minor league hockey at both the MECCA and Bradley Center.

KEVIN_224

NFL: Patriots (old), Buccaneers (current)

MLB: Red Sox (three times, but one visit was for a minor league doubleheader), YANKEES (old a few times, current three times), Mets (old once, current once)

NHL: Bruins (old), Whalers

College basketball: Prudential Center in Newark, NJ (Georgetown vs Seton Hall)

Counting being on the grounds, but not inside stadium for a game...

NFL: Philadelphia, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Nashville
MLB: Philadelphia, Baltimore, Chicago AL, Chicago NL
Spring Training: New York AL (Tampa)
NHL: Boston (only for WWE), New York City (only for WWE), Philadelphia (old), Washington DC, Tampa, Nashville
NBA: Boston (only for WWE), New York City (only for WWE), New Jersey (old), Washington DC, Indianapolis
College Basketball: XL Center Hartford (part-time home for U-Conn basketball and hockey)

iowahighways

MLB
Attended games at:
- Busch Stadium II (defunct, Cardinals), St. Louis
- Busch Stadium III (Cardinals), St. Louis
- County Stadium (defunct, Brewers), Milwaukee
- Kauffman Stadium (Royals), Kansas City
- Miller Park (Brewers), Milwaukee
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Orioles), Baltimore
- Target Field (Twins), Minneapolis
- T-Mobile Park (Mariners), Seattle
- Wrigley Field (Cubs), Chicago

Seen in person but have not attended a game:
- Guaranteed Rate Field (White Sox), Chicago
- SunTrust Park (Braves), Atlanta
- Tropicana Field (Rays), St. Petersburg

MLB Spring Training
Attended games at:
- Champion Stadium (defunct, Braves), Disney World
- Charlotte County Stadium (Rays), Port Charlotte, FL
- Hammond Stadium (Twins), Fort Myers, FL

MiLB
Attended games at:

- Modern Woodmen Park (Quad Cities River Bandits), Davenport
- Principal Park (Iowa Cubs), Des Moines
- Veterans Memorial Stadium (Kernels), Cedar Rapids

NFL
Attended games at:
- Raymond James Stadium (Buccaneers), Tampa
- U.S. Bank Stadium (Vikings), Minneapolis

Seen in person but have not attended a game:
- Arrowhead Stadium (Chiefs), Kansas City
- Dome at America's Center (defunct, Rams), St. Louis
- Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome (defunct, Vikings), Minneapolis
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Falcons), Atlanta
- Mile High Stadium (Broncos), Denver
- M & T Bank Stadium (Ravens), Baltimore
- Nissan Stadium (Titans), Nashville
- Soldier Field (Bears), Chicago

NCAA FBS
Attended games at:

- Kinnick Stadium (Iowa), Iowa City
- Jack Trice Stadium (Iowa State), Ames

NCAA FCS
Attended games at:

- UNI-Dome (Northern Iowa), Cedar Falls
The Iowa Highways Page: Now exclusively at www.iowahighways.org
The Iowa Highways Photo Gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/iowahighways/

KEVIN_224

Were we allowed to include minor league teams? If so...

Eastern League (AA) Baseball:
Portland [Red Sox]
New Hampshire [Blue Jays - Manchester]
Trenton [YANKEES]
Harrisburg [Nationals]
(Been outside of Dunkin' Donuts Park in Hartford and the park in Reading, PA.)

International League (AAA) baseball:
Pawtucket [Red Sox - still in RI through 2020]
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre [YANKEES]
Lehigh Valley [Phillies]
Indianapolis [Pirates]
Been outside of the ballpark in Columbus, OH [Indians]

NY-Penn League (short season A) baseball:
Connecticut Tigers [Detroit Tigers - Norwich, CT]
Lowell Spinners [Boston Red Sox - Lowell, MA]
Tri-City Valley Cats [Houston Astros - Troy, NY]
Hudson Valley Renegades [Tampa Rays - Fishkill, NY]
Staten Island Yankees [New York Yankees - Staten Island, NY]
Been at MCU Park in Brooklyn, a New York Mets affiliate. I was there for the 2014 NY-Penn League All-Star Game.

Carolina League (A level) baseball:
Wilmington Blue Rocks [Kansas City Royals]

South Atlantic League (A level) baseball:
Lakewood Blue Claws [Philadelphia Phillies]

Atlantic League (independent) baseball:
NEW BRITAIN, CT (Bees) [was a AA park until the end of 2015]
Central Islip, NY (Long Island Ducks)
Bridgewater, NJ (Somerset Patriots)

AHL Hockey:
Hartford Wolfpack [New York Rangers]
Springfield Thunderbirds [Florida Panthers]
Providence Bruins [Boston Bruins]

Prior AHL venues included Portland, ME, Manchester, NH and Worcester, MA. All 3 have ECHL teams now. Saw AHL before in Albany, NY. Their team has since moved down I-88 to Binghamton.

ECHL Hockey:
Reading Royals *Two ECHL playoff games in 2011 against the Kalamazoo Wings

1995hoo

Quote from: KEVIN_224 on April 28, 2019, 07:42:23 AM
Were we allowed to include minor league teams? ....

Why not? All the original post said was "stadiums":

Quote from: Bruce on April 24, 2019, 11:29:18 PM
I suppose we need a thread for clinching stadiums, either watching games (bonus if it's multiple teams/sports), going on tours, or just getting a peek from outside the gates. ....

I suppose I could expand my list to include venues I've driven past on the highway or parked outside (the latter in the case of the Brendan Byrne Arena in New Jersey–parked there for a Springsteen concert at Giants Stadium), but trying to figure out all of those becomes complicated and confusing so I don't want to bother.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Jim

Adding NFL to mine, I've seen Dolphins games at the Orange Bowl and what was at the time called Joe Robbie.  I saw a Bills game at what was then Rich Stadium.  And an LA Raiders preseason game way back in 1985 at the LA Coliseum.  I've seen baseball games in some of the old multipurpose places that were also homes to football teams, and my high school marching band performed at the 1985 or 1986 Peach Bowl at the old Atlanta Fulton County stadium.
Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

Bruce

There's no rules about which leagues and sports to include, though listing stuff at the high school level would be a little ridiculous.

If I someday get to attend a major e-sports event, I'd definitely include it in this list. Philadelphia is getting their own Overwatch arena, so who knows how long it will take other cities to build a dedicated e-sports venue.

DandyDan

MLB: Metropolitan Stadium (original home of Twins), Metrodome, Wrigley Field, old Comiskey Park, Kauffman Stadium, Camden Yards, Chase Field, Miller Park

NHL: Met Center, Xcel Energy Center

NBA: Target Center

College football: Huskie Stadium (Northern Illinois), Memorial Stadium (Nebraska), Caniglia Field (Nebraska-Omaha, before they got rid of the football team)

College basketball: Williams Arena (Minnesota), Chick Evan's Field House (old home of Northern Illinois when I went there), Omaha Civic Auditorium and what's now CHI Health Center Omaha (Creighton, and the latter was also the site for a Nebraska home game once, as well as NCAA tournament action), Bob Devaney Center and Pinnacle Bank Arena (Nebraska), Ralston Arena (Nebraska-Omaha's first D-I home)

College baseball: the College World Series at both Johnny Rosenblatt Stadium and TD Ameritrade Park

College hockey: Omaha Civic Auditorium and CHI Health Center Omaha (Nebraska-Omaha)

MLS: TCF Bank Stadium (Minnesota United), Children's Mercy Park (Sporting KC, also the site of the only US World Cup qualifier I attended)

Minor League baseball: Northwestern Medicine Field in Geneva, IL, home of the Kane County Cougars (although I have no idea what they called it when I went to a game there), Johnny Rosenblatt Stadium and Werner Park (Omaha Royals/Storm Chasers)

Minor league basketball: Aksarben Coliseum (Omaha Racers of the old CBA)

Minor league hockey: Allstate Arena, home of the Chicago Wolves, although they probably still called it the Rosemont Horizon then. Also the Silverstein Eye Center in Independence, MO, home of the KC Mavericks

Junior hockey: all 4 arenas the Omaha Lancers played at when I lived there, Aksarben Coliseum, Mid-America Center in Council Bluffs, Omaha Civic Auditorium and Ralston Arena

Indoor football: Ralston Arena (Omaha Beef)

I have been to Soldier Field and the Kohl Center in Madison, WI for concerts (U2 and Foo Fighters, respectively), but did not see sports there.

I did a tour of Allen Field House, home of Kansas basketball, once, but didn't get to a game.

I still have not been to an NFL game.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

ce929wax

I have been to The Ballpark in Arlington a few times when I lived in Texas.  I used to go a couple of times a year when they played the Tigers.  Since then, I have been to Comerica, Great American Ballpark, Turner Field, and Guaranteed Rate Field.  I am going to Wrigley this August.  I have also seen the Durham Bulls play live and have been to Thompson Bolling Arena to watch bull riding.  I have also been to Wings Stadium here in Kalamazoo last October to watch the K-Wings and I have taken in a Kalamazoo College football game.

slorydn1

Attended Events/Games/Races:

Wrigley Field, Soldier Field, Comiskey Park (I), Chicago Stadium (Bulls and Black Hawks pre-United Center), Pontiac Silverdome, Old Tiger Stadium, Old Yankee Stadium, Rosemont Horizon (or whatever it's called now),University of Michigan (The Big House), UNC (Dean Dome) Notre Dame (football) , Richmond International Raceway, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, North Carolina Speedway (AKA Rockingham), Charlotte Motor Speedway, Darlington Raceway, Road America (drove it, awesome track), US-131/Martin Dragway (as a toddler)

Visited so I could say I saw it:

Comiskey Park (II), Lambeau Field, Bristol Motor Speedway, Daytona International Raceway, Talladega Superspeedway, The Jones Mahal (Dallas Cowboys), the old dump at the Meadowlands, err I mean Giants Stadium, Shea Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium (pre-Heinz Field) RFK Stadium, Bank of America Stadium (Charlotte).
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

NWI_Irish96

Attended Events:

Currently Used:

College Football: Notre Dame Stadium, Spartan Stadium, Ross-Ade Stadium, Ryan Field, Cotton Bowl
College Basketball: Joyce Center, Mackey Arena, Welsh-Ryan Arena, KFC Yum Center, Wintrust Arena
College Hockey: Munn Arena, Compton Family Arena
NFL: Soldier Field (aslo attended college football and MLS)
NBA/NHL: United Center (also attended college hockey)
MLB: Camden Yards, Guaranteed Rate Field, Globe Life Park, Nationals Park, Great American Ballpark, Dodger Stadium, Coors Field, Oracle Park
MLS: SeatGeek Stadium
Auto Racing: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Tour de France: Champs-Elysees

Defunct/Demolished:

NFL: RCA Dome
NBA/NHL: Chicago Stadium, Market Square Arena
MLB: Yankee Stadium, Comiskey Park, Tiger Stadium, Metrodome, Astrodome, RFK Stadium, Turner Field, Riverfront Stadium, Milwaukee County Stadium
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Alps

Quote from: slorydn1 on May 08, 2019, 04:32:45 AM
I like that header. Lambeau and the Boise State blue turf are my two.

roadman65

MLB I have been only to Shea Stadium as I was a die hard Mets fan living in NJ.
NFL I was to a Jets Game in Giants Stadium long before the Jets left Shea, but they nonetheless had a game played there.
College Football I was to Michie Stadium in West Point.

For concerts I have been to Giants Stadium (the Dead), the now defunct IZOD Center for many different acts including Eric Clapton.    The PNC Bank Arts Center for many as well.

For Ringling Brothers Circus I have been to Madison Square Garden, as well as a Globtrotters Game.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

1995hoo

Quote from: Alps on May 08, 2019, 07:34:02 PM

When I attended a bowl game at Boise State, nothing was blocking field access a few hours before the game, so I wandered out onto the blue turf. An employee came over and offered to take my picture at midfield (of course I accepted). That would never happen on the East Coast!
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Alps

Quote from: 1995hoo on May 09, 2019, 01:32:54 PM
Quote from: Alps on May 08, 2019, 07:34:02 PM

When I attended a bowl game at Boise State, nothing was blocking field access a few hours before the game, so I wandered out onto the blue turf. An employee came over and offered to take my picture at midfield (of course I accepted). That would never happen on the East Coast!
My story's even better. I went there and all the doors were locked. I stuck my head in, got a somewhat photo, and started walking away. Then I saw a door open to the underbelly. I waited around a minute, decided not to risk it, and as I walked away I saw a guy. So I talked to him. Guy walked me through the underbelly, right out onto the field where a genuine BSU player was working out, and I got to just stand there and take photos. Yeah, that wouldn't happen here. I'd be in jail already.

rickmastfan67

NHL:
Pittsburgh: Civic (Mellon) Arena (gone, was at final ever game there, a playoff Game 7 loss against Montreal), PPG Paints Arena (as Consol Energy Center)
Toronto (seen from outside, no games attended): Scotiabank Arena (as Air Canada Centre)
Buffalo (seen from outside, no games attended): Buffalo Memorial Auditorium (gone), KeyBank Center

AHL:
Wilkes-Barre (seen from outside, no games attended): "Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza"

NFL:
Jacksonville: TIAA Bank Field  (as Alltel Stadium)
Charlotte (seen from outside, no games attended): Bank of America Stadium
Pittsburgh (seen from outside, no games attended): Three Rivers Stadium (gone), Heinz Field

MLB:
Pittsburgh: Three Rivers Stadium (gone), PNC Park
Toronto (seen from outside, no games attended): Rogers Centre (as SkyDome)

NASCAR (top 3 series):
Bristol Motor Speedway (only Cup Qualifying/Practice)
Charlotte Motor Speedway
Daytona International Speedway
Martinsville Speedway (only Cup Qualifying/Practice)
Pocono Raceway

ARCA:
Lake Erie Speedway

Duke87

My dad and I are gradually working on visiting every MLB stadium. Thus far I've been to:
- Old Yankee Stadium (numerous times, first in 1994) - not current
- Current Yankee Stadum (numerous times, first in 2013)
- Shea Stadium (twice, first in 199x) - not current
- CitiField (numerous times, first in 2010)
- Fenway Park (2002)
- Jacobs Field (2004)
- Citizens Bank Park (twice, first in 2004)
- Coors Field (2006)
- RFK Stadium (2007) - not current
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards (twice, first in 2009)
- PNC Park (2010)
- Great American Ballpark (2011)
- SkyDome (2011)
- Comerica Park (2012)
- Chase Field (2013)
- Petco Park (2013)
- Comiskey Park (2014)
- Wrigley Field (2014)
- Miller Park (2014)
- Kaufman Stadium (2015)
- Busch Stadium (2015)
- Enron Field (2016)
- The Ballpark at Arlington (2016)
- Target Field (2017)
- PacBell Park (2018)
- Oakland Coliseum (2018)
- Safeco Field (2018)

For other pro sports, I have been to games at:
- Old Giants Stadium (numerous times, first in 2004)
- Prudential Center (Newark NJ) (numerous times, first in 201x)

Minor league teams I have seen play a game:
- Lakewood Blue Claws (baseball)
- Staten Island Yankees (baseball)
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers (hockey)

Current or former pro stadiums I have been directly outside of deliberately checking out, but not inside of:
- Lambeau Field
- Stade Olympique/Olympic Stadium

Pro stadiums I have been in while they were under construction, but have not been in since they opened:
- New Meadowlands Stadium

Pro stadiums I have been in but only for a non-sports event:
- Madison Square Garden

Pro stadiums I have been in but only while no event at all was going on:
- Arthur Ashe Stadium
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

gonealookin

Oakland A's fan here who traveled to their series in Arlington TX this past weekend.  I need to count my MLB stadiums where I've attended games and this thread seems like the right place to do it.  Using a fairly common name for each, with former parks in italics.

AL West:
A's (1):  Oakland Coliseum
Angels (1):  The Big A
Astros (1):  The Astrodome
Mariners (1):  Safeco Field
Rangers (2):  Arlington Stadium, Globe Life Park

AL Central:
Indians (1):  Municipal Stadium
Royals (1):  Kauffman Stadium
Tigers (1):  Tiger Stadium
Twins (1):  Target Field
White Sox (2):  Original Comiskey Park, the New Comiskey Park

AL East:
Blue Jays (0)
Orioles (2):  Memorial Stadium, Orioles Park at Camden Yards
Rays (1):  Tropicana Field
Red Sox (1):  Fenway Park
Yankees (0)

NL West:
Diamondbacks (1):  Chase Field*
Dodgers (1):  Dodger Stadium
Giants (2):  Candlestick Park, AT&T Park
Padres (2):  Jack Murphy Stadium, Petco Park
Rockies (1):  Coors Field

NL Central:
Brewers (2):  County Stadium, Miller Park
Cardinals (1):  Busch Stadium II (the one where the football Cardinals also played)
Cubs (1):  Wrigley Field
Pirates (2):  Three Rivers Stadium, PNC Park
Reds (2):  Riverfront Stadium, Great American Ballpark

NL East:
Braves (0)
Expos/Nationals (0)
Marlins (1):  Marlins Park
Mets (1):  Shea Stadium
Phillies (0)

*Have never seen a Diamondbacks home game; those were World Baseball Classic games during an Arizona spring training trip

So if I counted that right it's 33 total, 13 no longer being used and 20 of the 30 current ones.

Alps

Major leagues:
Baseball:
NL: Padres, Cubs, Rockies, Expos, Mets (old and new), Phillies
AL: Yankees (old and new), Red Sux, Orioles, Blue Jays, Cleveland, Royals, White Sox, I don't think I went to a Rangers game but I'm not sure
Football: Giants/Jets (old and new), Packers (no game)
Hockey, basketball: Rangers, Devils (old and new), Bruins (new), Islanders (old and possibly current), Hurricanes

College:
Union (NY - hockey), NJIT (basketball), MIT (volleyball, plus all other athletic facilities but not to watch a sport), UConn (outdoor hockey on the football field), Rutgers (football), Boise State (football, but no game)

Minors - baseball would take a lot of thinking. Hockey: Bridgeport, Hartford, Albany, I could swear there was another. I don't think it was Hershey though. Maybe Utica.

clong

MLB
Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta)
Kauffman Stadium (Kansas City)
Turner Field (Atlanta)
Fenway Park (Boston)
Wrigley Field (Chicago)
Nationals Park (Washington)
Shea Stadium (New York)
Yankee Stadium (New York)
Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia)

MiLB
Joe Davis Stadium (Huntsville, AL)
Hoover Metropolitan Stadium (Birmingham, AL)
Regions Field (Birmingham, AL)
Rickwood Field (Birmingham, AL)
First Tennessee Park (Nashville, TN)
AutoZone Park (Memphis, TN)

NFL
Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City)
Bank of America Stadium (Charlotte)
Edward D Jones Dome (St Louis)

College Football
Legion Field (Birmingham, AL)
Jordan Hare Stadium (Auburn, AL)
Finley Stadium (Chattanooga, TN)
Veterans Memorial Stadium (Troy, AL)
Vanderbilt Stadium (Nashville, TN)
Davis Wade Stadium (Starkville, MS)
Scott Stadium (Charlottesville, VA)
BB&T Field (Winston-Salem, NC)
Liberty Bowl (Memphis, TN)
Joe Robbie Stadium (Miami, FL)
JSU Field (Jacksonville, AL)
Valley Municipal Complex (Valley, AL - Point University Home Game)
Daytona Municipal Stadium (Daytona Beach, FL)
Faulkner Stadium (Montgomery, AL)
Battle Field (Birmingham, AL)
Johnny "Red" Floyd Stadium (Murfreesboro, TN)
M. M. Roberts Stadium (Hattiesburg, MS)
Hale Stadium (Nashville, TN)
Cumberland University Stadium (Lebanon, TN)
St. Andrews Stadium (Laurinburg, NC)
Mitchell Stadium (Bluefield, WV)
Willard Stargel Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)
KCU Stadium (Grayson, KY)
Lindsey Wilson Sports Park (Columbia, KY)
Finley Stadium (Campbellsville, KY)
St. Vincent Health Field (Indianapolis, IN)
James H. Taylor II Stadium (Williamsburg, KY)
Bethel Stadium (McKenzie, TN)

NASCAR
Talladega Superspeedway (Talladega, AL)
Bristol Motor Speedway (Bristol, TN)

NCAA Basketball
Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Center (Birmingham, AL)
Beard-Eaves Coliseum (Auburn, AL)
The ACADome (Montgomery, AL)
Reed Green Coliseum (Hattiesburg, MS)

ftballfan

Italics indicate former home

NFL
Ford Field (Detroit, MI) - a Lions game and a Kenny Chesney concert
Pontiac Silverdome (Pontiac, MI) - never saw the Lions here, but did see George Strait

MLB
Comerica Park (Detroit, MI) - a few Tigers home games

NBA
Palace of Auburn Hills (Auburn Hills, MI) - never saw the Pistons here, but did see Bon Jovi (once) and Queen + Adam Lambert (twice) here

MiLB
Fifth Third Ballpark (Comstock Park, MI) - West Michigan Whitecaps

AHL
Van Andel Arena (Grand Rapids, MI) - Grand Rapids Griffins; also have seen many concerts here and my college graduation was here

NCAA football (DI unless noted)
Lubbers Stadium (Allendale, MI) - Grand Valley State Lakers (DII)
Michigan Stadium (Ann Arbor, MI) - Michigan Wolverines
Notre Dame Stadium (South Bend, IN) - haven't been to a Notre Dame game, but saw Garth Brooks here in the snow
Top Taggart Field (Big Rapids, MI) - Ferris State Bulldogs (DII)

NCAA basketball (DI unless noted)
Breslin Center (East Lansing, MI) - Michigan State Spartans; have also attended MHSAA state tournament games here
Crisler Center (Ann Arbor, MI) - Michigan Wolverines
Davenport University Student Center (Caledonia, MI) - Davenport Panthers (DII); GLIAC tournament
DeVos Fieldhouse (Holland, MI) - Hope Flying Dutchmen (DIII); have also attended an MHSAA state tournament game here
Fieldhouse Arena (Allendale, MI) - Grand Valley State Lakers (DII)
Ford Fieldhouse (Grand Rapids, MI) - Grand Rapids CC Raiders (NJCAA)
Kates Gymnasium (Ashland, OH) - Ashland Eagles (DII); GLIAC and NCAA DII tournaments
Mol Arena (Grand Rapids, MI) - Cornerstone Golden Eagles (NAIA); have also attended a high school basketball game here
Sturrus Sports and Fitness Center (Grand Rapids, MI) - Aquinas Saints (NAIA)
University Arena (Kalamazoo, MI) - Western Michigan Broncos
Van Noord Arena (Grand Rapids, MI) - Calvin Knights (DIII); MIAA tournament
Wink Arena (Big Rapids, MI) - Ferris State Bulldogs (DII)

Plus numerous high school facilities

Bruce

My updated list:

Attended Games

CenturyLink Field (Qwest Field), Seattle - 20+ matches for Sounders (MLS), 1 game for Seahawks (2008), 1 match for U.S. Men's National Team (World Cup Qualification, 2013)
T-Mobile Park (as Safeco Field), Seattle - 1 game for Mariners (MLB, 2007)
Olympiastadion, Berlin - 1 match for Hertha BSC (Bundesliga, 2017)
Stade Saputo, Montreal - Montreal Impact (MLS, 2019)

Toured

Husky Stadium, Seattle, UW Huskies (NCAA), 2016

Visited Gates

RFK Stadium, DC United (MLS), 2015
Audi Field, DC United (MLS), 2016 (before completion)
Banc of California Stadium, Los Angeles FC (MLS), 2016 (before completion)
BC Place Stadium, Vancouver Whitecaps (MLS), 2016
Petco Park, San Diego Padres (MLB), 2016
Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego Chargers (NFL), 2016
White Hart Lane, London (Tottenham), 2017
Westfalenstadion, Dortmund (BVB), 2017
Providence Park, Portland Timbers (MLS), 2017
Mapfre Stadium, Columbus Crew SC (MLS), 2018
Coamerica Park, Detroit Tigers (MLB), 2018
Ohio Stadium, OSU Buckeyes (NCAA), 2018
Bell Centre, Montreal (NHL), 2019
Stade Olympique, Montreal, 2019

TheStranger

NBA:
Arco Arena, Sacramento, mostly 2008
I have been to Oracle Arena in Oakland for a concert, but not for a game.

UFC:
Golden 1 Center, Sacramento, 2016
Save Mart Center, Fresno, 2017

MLB:
Oakland Coliseum, 1996 or so
Candlestick Park, 1998
Pac Bell Park (now called Oracle Park), numerous occasions from 2000-2001 and in 2015-2016

NHL
San Jose Arena (now called SAP Center), numerous occasions from 2000-present
Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, 2016
Levi's Stadium for outdoor game, 2015

Minor league hockey
Cow Palace, Daly City/San Francisco, 2012

NFL
Candlestick Park, San Francisco, 2006
Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, 2014 (preseason)

Auto racing venues:
Second Creek Raceway near Denver (now closed)
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Laguna Seca, near Monterey
Sears Point (now called Sonoma Raceway)
Cleveland Grand Prix
San Jose Grand Prix
Sportsdrome, southern Indiana
Salem Speedway, Salem, IN
Lake Cumberland Speeway, Burnside, KY
Kentucky Speedway, Sparta, KY
Soggy Bottom Speedway (now known as Cedar Ridge), Morgantown, KY
Stockton 99 Speedway
Ponderosa Speedway, Junction City, KY
Bluegrass Speedway (now closed), Bardstown, KY
Placerville Speedway
All-American Speedway, Roseville, CA
Marysville Raceway Park
Petaluma Speedway
Silver Dollar Speedway, Chico, CA
Thunderbowl Raceway, Tulare, CA
Ocean Speedway, Watsonville, CA
Sacramento Raceway Park
Arco Arena (for monster trucks), Sacramento
Antioch Speedway
Stockton Dirt Track
Calistoga Speedway
Chris Sampang

kevinb1994

Quote from: TheStranger on June 20, 2019, 03:10:29 PM
NBA:
Arco Arena, Sacramento, mostly 2008
I have been to Oracle Arena in Oakland for a concert, but not for a game.

UFC:
Golden 1 Center, Sacramento, 2016
Save Mart Center, Fresno, 2017

MLB:
Oakland Coliseum, 1996 or so
Candlestick Park, 1998
Pac Bell Park (now called Oracle Park), numerous occasions from 2000-2001 and in 2015-2016

NHL
San Jose Arena (now called SAP Center), numerous occasions from 2000-present
Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, 2016
Levi's Stadium for outdoor game, 2015

Minor league hockey
Cow Palace, Daly City/San Francisco, 2012

NFL
Candlestick Park, San Francisco, 2006
Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, 2014 (preseason)

Auto racing venues:
Second Creek Raceway near Denver (now closed)
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Laguna Seca, near Monterey
Sears Point (now called Sonoma Raceway)
Cleveland Grand Prix
San Jose Grand Prix
Sportsdrome, southern Indiana
Salem Speedway, Salem, IN
Lake Cumberland Speeway, Burnside, KY
Kentucky Speedway, Sparta, KY
Soggy Bottom Speedway (now known as Cedar Ridge), Morgantown, KY
Stockton 99 Speedway
Ponderosa Speedway, Junction City, KY
Bluegrass Speedway (now closed), Bardstown, KY
Placerville Speedway
All-American Speedway, Roseville, CA
Marysville Raceway Park
Petaluma Speedway
Silver Dollar Speedway, Chico, CA
Thunderbowl Raceway, Tulare, CA
Ocean Speedway, Watsonville, CA
Sacramento Raceway Park
Arco Arena (for monster trucks), Sacramento
Antioch Speedway
Stockton Dirt Track
Calistoga Speedway
Which auto racing venues are currently on your must-visit list?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.